Thursday, August 22, 2019

Yard Work and Sewing Kind of Day

Tuesday was hot and humid until mid afternoon when the wind came up. The humidity was less and you could feel the difference. Less sauna like. Wednesday morning was a cool 13C but it got to 31C mid-afternoon. Less humidity which was nice. Over night we had almost 1/2" of rain. 

Lifestyle

Though we both sleep, we were tired from the warm bedroom, the high humidity, and having to stay cool in the house. On Tuesday, we were out and about trying to get rid of that tiredness. We mentally felt better. We talked to a nice young lady who told us wild blueberries and blackberries grow in this area. We've not seen any but will be looking as we travel around. 
With yesterday morning being cool, we headed out to weed the hedge. One on each side sharing the pruning sheers. We got 5 shrubs done; weeded and trimmed before it got too hot. While the Spousal Unit finished up his side, I weeded and fixed up around one of the trees in our yard. We were both happy and pleased with how much we got done by 10:30 a.m. The temperature was 25C and we were happy to stop. 

Health

I ate gluten, dairy, and garlic for dinner Tuesday night. I did not have an IBS attack. It was back on the wagon yesterday so I can keep my body from having any kind of attack. I'm trying to keep well enough to go back to Weight Watchers in September. I am also hoping to modify my diet so I have less points at lunch. I'm trying to figure it out but it is hard. 

Sewing

I was in the sewing room yesterday afternoon and finished up the skirt for the dolls. I am going to do a doll post on it as it is worth sharing. 
The belt is made from a string of circles I bought in the jewelry making section at Michaels. I used a necklace closure to close the belt. Very easy to make; 15 minutes max. 
I did get a bit of fabric and zippers on Tuesday for Bendy Bags and Bendy Bits. The dog print will be next on the agenda as I need to ship out the last bag with them in it.
I got to thinking about my stash and how it seems to not be going down. I'm going to have to focus more on sewing it down and less on buying fabrics. I do have one more small shopping trip to make two placemats and some heavy weight interfacing for bags and then it will be back to stash sewing. 
I have a lot of the red lobster fabric left to sew up. I need to rip 6 napkins and then make reusable grocery bags from the rest. Very simple plain bags that take an afternoon to make. I think I will get them ready to sew. I find if I have an hour to sew and items prepped, I will work on them rather than start a new project. I also need to work on some items for the Fall Fair. 

Knitting

I set up a sweater to go with the skirt I just completed. I struggled with row 5; an increase row. I had too many stitches. After a break, I got it done and am working on increasing for the sleeves. 
The yarn is a high end merino wool I got in Edmonton 4 or 5 years ago. It is knitting up nicely it makes me want to give up knitting with cheap yarn. I'm hoping there will be enough to knit a dress out of it. I will have to knit more often at night. 

Today

I'm out for a bit this morning helping make sandwiches with a lady's group. It will be home to do some housework and then downstairs to sew or prep items to sew. This evening will be knitting. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment