Tuesday, August 20, 2019

A Day of Doing

Yesterday was warm and humid. The high got to 27C but with the humidity it felt like 34C. It was like being in a sauna. Last night the temperature dropped to 21-22C that feels like 28C with the high humidity. There was a thunder storm early this morning and it rained. 

Lifestyle

I did a bit of housework yesterday morning before we had to start removing the boards from the front landing. 
The building inspector came to look at the framing and was happy to report that all is in good condition. He was the inspector of this house when it was built. He did look at the back deck and gave us the go ahead to remove the boards and replace them and put up new railing. We are ready to begin as soon as the materials arrive. 
With construction beginning, we had to move everything off the front landing. I put a bunch of the plants at one corner of the garage and quite liked the arrangement.
Elliott rested up all day so he can supervise us working on the deck. He has windows to look out while we work. 
And he will be there watching us as much as he can. 

Sewing

After tidying up from bag making, I started on a doll's skirt. It is a fun project that is almost done. 
The formula is easy. Measure the doll's hips and add an inch (1/2" for seam allowances, and 1/2" for ease). Take that measurement and multiply by 1.5" for the second tier and then take the measurement and multiply by 1.5" for the bottom tier. The first tier is just under 4" and the second at 4" and the third is just over 4". The total unfinished is 12". Seam allowances are 1/4". How much I will turn under for the elastic and hem will be determined when the bottom tier is sewn on and I do a fitting. 

Knitting

I didn't do any knitting. But I did look to see if I had a cream yarn to knit a sweater to go with the skirt. I found the perfect blue yarn instead. Expensive yes, but it will be a dream to knit. 
The shoes I am crocheting are taking a back seat due to the lighting. I will spend some time on them in the afternoon to get the first row of red done and then I can work on them at night. 

Today

We will probably head out to get fabric and to a garden center. I would like to finish the doll's skirt in the afternoon. We wait and see as I'm tired due to the heat and humidity. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment