Friday, August 23, 2019

Prepping Fabric for Sewing

Yesterday was a warm one with a high of 30C and with the humidity it was about 36C. Last evening there was a cool breeze which felt good. The low this morning was 19C which means another warm and humid day.

Lifestyle

After helping at the hall, I cleaned up a lot of the house yesterday and it looks much better. I still have some floors to wash and the kitchen counters to clean off. Trying to keep up as been hard but it pays off. 
After lunch I had a short nap. I was tired due to the heat and humidity. It continues to bother me and I'm hoping the cooling trend in the forecast happens. Everyone is tired of the heat and humidity. 

Health

With no IBS attacks the last few days, I've wondering if I can add eggs back to the list of foods to eat. I am thinking of trying next week. What I hate to do is upset the balance as I'm feeling so good. 
On the down side, my knee, hip, ankle have been hurting a lot lately. I've done some stretching exercises for sciatica but the knee is quite sore. I will keep at it and see. I read that sciatica can take up to a year to heal. 

Sewing

I headed down to cut fabric yesterday so I have projects ready for the one hour sprees I get on occasion. I grabbed the lobster fabric and flew at it. 
That is 4 meters of fabric cut into 8 napkins and two grocery bags. The white lobster fabric in the back ground will be used as trim on the bags. The blue fabric above it will be a Bendy Bag and a Bend It Bag. I will them out when I do the others. 
The fabric for my friend's Bendy and Bend It Bags. I really like it and was delighted to find the dog buttons. When I'm done with this lot of sewing, I will have sewn just over 50 meters from the stash. Maybe I'll get another 25 meters sewn before Dec. 31 but I'm not holding my breath on that one. 
I had a bit of time left so I measured the hem on one of grandson's pants, pinned it up, and have it half hemmed. 

Knitting

I did a couple of rows before I hunkered down and read my book. I have to return it tomorrow afternoon. 

Today

We have the materials for the front landing and the rock and brick for around the shed arriving. After that we will head out to get a few more supplies so we can start the front landing tomorrow. If time, I will do some prep on Bendy Bags. The Bend It bags can't be prepped as they are made from left over triangles from the Bendy Bags. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment