Saturday, August 17, 2019

Shed Flower Bed Done

The weather was warm and dry again yesterday. The high was near 27C and this morning's temperature was 16C. There seem to be showers in the forecast which we hope will happen as it is very dry here. 

Lifestyle

*We heard the first honking of Canada geese this morning.* 
The Spousal Unit and I went out and finished the flower bed around the shed. We dug, shook dirt off the weeds, smoothed the dirt and admired our handiwork. 
Moving tubs of cucumber plants was the hardest as they are full of cucumbers. 
In all, we were happy with the results. We now wait for the brick and stone to be delivered so we can finish up. 
Next year, the area will have more flowers and no cucumbers. We've talked how we are going to do this.
After several days of spraying wasps under the deck, I finally was able to get a picture of the huge nest they built. It covers the wire for the generator plug-in plus it goes across the back board. 
The nest will be removed when we take the deck boards off. 

Health

Other than one small cookie, I was off gluten, dairy, nightshade plants, eggs, nuts. I am relatively pain free and had very little IBS problems. I checked my blood sugar and it is under control. I am keeping at it to see if food does help with the issues I have been having. I did loose over 2 lbs watching what I ate. I also tracked what I ate so I can monitor if I have more attacks. 

Sewing

My sewing time was spent at the county office getting a building permit for the decks. Hopefully today I can get sewing done. 

Knitting

I started once again on the shoes. I'm back to crocheting two soles together and had to quit as it was too hard to see the stitches. 

Today

I hope to weed the hedge for an hour, sew this afternoon and try to get the soles crocheted together. 
Until the next time..................................

No comments:

Post a Comment