Thursday, August 29, 2019

Reading Pillow Finished and Onto Other Projects

Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day with a high of 29C. There was low humidity which made it nicer when outside. This morning it is cloudy and it got to 13C early this morning. We are now waiting for a weak Tropical Erin to arrive and give us some much needed rain. 

Lifestyle

I headed into Bedford yesterday morning to get a few items needed for the pantry and the sewing room. I have enough to keep me going for a week. I was home by 12:30. 
The Spousal Unit mowed the lawn and started to pack the brick over to the shed. Once they are all over there, we will work on that area. 

Health

I've added too much to my diet so am going back to the basics again. I may have added it back too soon. Live and learn.
I have been having less pain in my hip, leg, and ankle. It may be healing on its own and I will monitor it. It does get tired at night making it harder to sleep. 

Sewing

While shopping, I got a pillow form for the reading pillow. At home, I finished up the seams by trimming off 1/8" and zig-zagging the seams. I am pleased with the results of this Reading Pillow.
I am ready to start on the next project. Fabrics and thread chosen, pattern printed, and instructions read twice. I am looking forward to this project. 

Knitting

The blue sweater is blocked and should be ready tonight for buttons. 
The spray bottle puts on a fine mist and once on, I push the moisture through to the underside of the sweater to ensure it is damp also. 
I have 87 grams of the blue yarn left so am putting it aside to make a doll's dress this winter (fall fair project). The pattern is chosen already though I do have to rewrite it for me. A good cold weather project. 
I merrily knit on the messy bun hat last night and have 2" left before I start decreasing. 
I love how the spiral pattern shows up with this yarn. I do keep track of each time I finish a pattern using waste yarn. 
You can also just see the pins that also tells me where the pattern's 4th row is. 

Today

The goal today is to do laundry, some housework, and retreat to the sewing room and set up the embroidery. While it is stitching out, I will hem grandson's pants. Tonight it will be knitting. If it's going to rain all day, I think I have the indoor bases covered. 
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment