Friday, August 02, 2019

Test Sweater Completed

Yesterday was a bit cooler than it has been and the wind had a bit of coolness to it. The high got to 28C with the humidex at 35C. There were thunder cells around us but we only heard 2 faint rumblings late in the afternoon. This morning it is clear and cool at 14C. 

Lifestyle

When we went to go out yesterday, we noticed the sky looked full of smoke. It reminded us of the big fire in Kamloops in 2017. It was a funny feeling as there was absolutely no smell. When I asked about it, I was told it was fog. Fog at 23C. I couldn't believe it. 
With all the thunder cells around us, my knees took to aching yesterday. It was painful but it was mostly annoying. Gone when the storms disappeared. 

Sewing

I had to go and get some fabric so I could continue working on projects. I needed the lining for 2 bags and then got a few other pieces to finish up projects. Only 2 fat quarters went into the stash. The last of the feather fabric. 
At home I did the design details on the Aztec bag. I did the handles first. 
I'm trying something different as I had the rectangular pieces in the bag making tub. I then sewed the fabric strips together and put on the rick rack. 
I cut the long piece into the front and back. Interfacing was applied (my press has died and I'm sad) and the straps and closure tab were sewn on. 
As the design work is done, I stopped for the day. The hardest part is to line up the fabric when sewing the sides back together. The lining is the blue fabric making this a cheerful bag. 

Knitting

I finished up the sweater and it's ready for button and blocking. I do love this pattern a lot. 
I have a hat, mitts, and leg warmers left to knit. Small, easier projects. Then it's back to my other projects until the next test comes in. 

Today

Though it is to be warm, I'm planning on heading into the city and do some grocery shopping and shoes for the Spousal Unit. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment