Thursday, August 08, 2019

Projects Done

Yesterday was another warm day. Though cool in the morning, by noon it was 25C and it got to 29C. This morning it is 17C with no dew. Rain tonight. 

Lifestyle

We got our hair cut and then out to the fabric store to look for Daughter. The afternoon was spent at home keeping cool. 
The Spousal Unit picked beans for supper last night and they were delicious. Can't wait for the next meal. We have beets and potatoes ready also. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room finishing up the Aztec bag. 
It is a very nice bag which I put for sale on Facebook. The back has the strap on it. 
It is hung in the sewing room closet for now. 
The next bag is from the stash and I will be using these fabrics plus plain black.
I will be using the square button for this bag. The round one goes with this fabric.
I have decided to use up some of my other cottons and make less western looking bags in a more simple design (similar to the Aztec one). No extras will be added and the buttons will not be the fancy ones. I can do self covered ones instead. They will be cheaper as they are faster to make. 
I have enough scraps of the Aztec fabric to make the dolls a long skirt. It is next on the list as is a Bendy bag and charger station. A few days to play. 
I bought new buttons for an outfit I tested a while ago. 
The buttons I bought match the light green. The holes were large so I fixed that. When sewing them on, I added beads that look like pearls. 

I'm going to do some at the lace neckline of the blouse. Another play. This is the outfit I'm thinking of putting into the local fair. Once done, two items will be ready. 

Knitting

Though I didn't knit or crochet last night (out to families for a quick visit) I did block the knitting I had finished. 

Today

The house needs cleaning this morning, I'm out for a while at noon, and sewing this afternoon. I need to sew buttons on the knitting and do some pictures. A busy day. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment