Monday, August 12, 2019

Three Strikes And A Foul

Yesterday came sunny and clear after some rain on Saturday. There was a cool wind and lots of dew. The low was 12C. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning the house. It is the beginning of a deep clean as we plan on doing a day trip, some yard work, and some sewing. Also it was due as we've been out and about for over a week now. The focus was the bathroom and kitchen. Both got a good scrubbing and the floors washed on my hands and knees. I did check the bedrooms and they are good for a few days as I cleaned them not that long ago. 
I went downstairs and did a bit of cleaning in the sewing room. I got another box emptied out and patterns put into a container for easier access. I swept up the dust bunnies and thread bits. And folded a bunch of fabric. 
And the goodness ended there. 

Strike One

I worked on the charger holder. I had issues with the pocket, got it right and then sewed it together. It was a huge struggle to turn it right side out. Thirty minutes later, with hands cramped up, I got it turned. I couldn't get it to lay nice and look right. So, I tossed it into the garbage can. Game over for it. 

A Foul

I got the Bendy bag started. I read the instructions and put the tab onto the zipper with the cut end and the folded end in the wrong place. Watched the video and redid it. Project saved as I could fix it easily. Ready to insert the zipper to the bag next. 

Strike Two

I started supper and put it into the oven to cook. I wasn't in the best of moods by now but when dinner was a flop (meat was tough and potatoes not cooked), I ended up in a rotten mood. I ate onions fully knowing I would pay for that today. I didn't care at that point. 

Strike Three

I worked on the crocheted shoes to get them done. I read the instructions and nothing was making sense in Row 4. I tried it on the doll. It looked okay but not okay. I was confused so I looked at another shoe pattern by the same designer. My instructions were lacking information; change color on Row 2. I enlarged the picture of the shoes on the iPad and I can see my mistake. I ripped out the rows which included row 1, the row where you crochet two soles together. I get to start over again today. 
Ready to rip out

You're Out

At this point I was in a bad mood. In soccer, I would have had a yellow card for misconduct. I had a cup of tea, gave the cat his treats, and did mindless games until bed time. 

Today

It's a fresh start to the day. I plan on cleaning the dining and living areas and the front stairs. Then I will work on the Bendy bag and take the Spousal Unit out for a bit. I will work on the dolls' shoes and I do hope I score well today. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment