Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Bendy Bag Completed

Yesterday was another lovely summer day. The high got to about 28C and the low over night was 17C. It was gloomy looking outside with a chance of a thunderstorm this morning. But, it blew by and the sun is trying to shine. 

Lifestyle

I finished cleaning the upstairs yesterday. Things got wiped, dusted, and vacuumed. Some areas were quite clean and just needed tidying up. The stairs and front landing were their usual; dust, cat hair, and dead grass. 
We wandered outside with the company that was in charge of the restoration from the flood to look at what we did to help fix our drainage issue. We have a 2 year warranty so if we have issues, they will come in and fix them. We hope nothing more happens. 
The Spousal Unit walked up the road after dinner and gave a family some English long cucumbers. They were so excited as they love them. With the grape tomatoes in overdrive, they will be getting lots of them also. As will family and other friends. 

Health

My IBS is getting better and I have a few foods I can't eat. Onions and garlic are the worst. I have mini flare ups with other foods so am trying to eat them occasionally. 
What I am not happy about it the pain I'm having and the tiredness is creeping back up on me again. A friend, who also has low thyroid, suggested I stop eating nightshade plants, gluten, and dairy. She gave up those foods, has lost weight, and is feeling much better. I'm starting with nightshades (sob, sob) as I like potatoes, peppers, and tomatoes, especially peppers and tomatoes.  
I will slowly decrease gluten and dairy from my diet. My mom couldn't eat gluten and my brother can't have dairy products. 

Sewing

I worked on the Bendy bag yesterday. It was a lot of fun to make while watching the Craftsy class (no longer available for purchase). 
I added the buttons as I had them and they added a bit of excitement to the bag. When you open the bag up, you see.....
Yes, ladybugs. I see more of these bags in the future. 
There are two leftover triangles from the bag and I am going to make two small bags from them. The pattern is called a Bendy Bit. Once they are made, I will make the grocery bag for my friend. 

Knitting

Nothing was done last night. 

Today

I am heading in to shop and then home to start the Bendy Bit bags. Even if I just cut them out, I will be happy. I want to crochet the soles of the doll shoes together if the lighting is good enough for that. 
Until the next time.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment