Tuesday, May 02, 2023

It Rained

 Yesterday was grey, wet, dreary, windy and cool. The high got to 10.8C and .6" of rain fell. The rain basically stopped around 5 pm with showers after that. This morning it is 7C and cloudy. We are to have some drizzle or showers and a high of 15C. 

Lifestyle

I was amazed at how hard it rained at times yesterday. It was bouncing up off the pavement when calm and going across the road in waves when it was windy. The ditch had water running in it and there were puddles everywhere. The house became damp and I felt cold. I bundled up and turned up the heat to get rid of the dampness. I did warm up. 

I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen. I spent a lot of time making sure all the surfaces were super clean. I even pulled out the stove and wiped it down good. The appliances were polished and the tubs for recycling were washed cleaned. I even washed the mat I have at the kitchen sink. I swept and washed the floor and had a rest while the floor dried. It feels good to have that room cleaned up once again. 

I had very little pain in my knee and hip yesterday. The storm was here and everything settled down once again. It was great to be able to do things virtually pain free. The stretching while cleaning helped a lot also. 

I got my glucose meter stuff organized into a tub and that area looks better. I need to get another tub as I used the one I keep packages of jello in. My counters aren't devoid of items as I lack storage space in this kitchen. 

I made spaghetti sauce in the afternoon and as I was getting ready to put it on the plate, daughter-in-law invited me for dinner to have spaghetti. I put what I could in the fridge and went over to have a lovely meal with them. 

Sewing

I spent a good hour in the sewing room and the second part of the back yoke was embroidered. I am happy to have that job done. 

I still need to trim the threads on the back and cut the stabilizer away. I will do that while I stitch out a cardinal block. I didn't do it yesterday as I needed to cook dinner. 

Once I have the yoke done, I will decide if I will do the cuffs. They will be easy to do if I can get them out of the pieces I want to use up. I also need to clean off the cutting table so I can start my next project. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater last night and am almost finished the one side of the front. 

It is getting awkward to handle as it is getting long. I also had to attach a new ball of yarn. The vest will take about 450 grams of yarn. 

The V neck is deeper than I thought. It will show the front of a shirt nicely and can be filled in with a scarf if that is what daughter wants to do. I do love the cables as it adds some interest to both the knitting process and the appearance. 

Thoughts

    Daughter sent me 2 videos of the flooding in their area. The Cache Creek has risen quickly and caused a lot of damage in one area. Not quite as bad as in 2017 but people have had to leave their homes as they are flooded and not safe to be in. I hope everyone is safe as the temperatures are to be near 30C which means more runoff is expected. 

    The storms that were to pass over us haven't amounted to as much as forecasted. There is still more to come but not like expected when I looked yesterday. I do have friends who will be getting snow (Ontario) rather than rain. 

Today

I am heading out to shop today and get the items that I need. I would like to be home by noon so I can be in the sewing room this afternoon. I want to knit tonight. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment