Thursday, May 18, 2023

A Day To Rest

 Yesterday was a cool somewhat sunny day. The high got to 11C. In the late afternoon, it clouded up and by 6 pm it was raining. We had an inch of rain fall. This morning it is sunny, frosty, and 1C. We are to have sunshine and 12C. There could be frost again tonight. 

Lifestyle

I got my Covid booster yesterday and it did leave me tired but not as bad as the previous ones had. I rested, did a few small things, and rested some more. Later in the afternoon, I did feel better. I didn't nap like I usually have to which was nice. My biggest job was to take out the compost bin and put the car into the garage for the night. It is out of the way for when the dishwasher arrives today.

The rain coming in made the house and me cool. I had to run the heat plus keep the magic bag hot to keep warm. Part was how the temperature dropped quickly and part is from weight loss. 

I did grab the last appointment for blood collection on June 8. I can cancel it and make an appointment for a later date if an appointment comes open. 

My glucose readings are back to normal - 4.0 to 5.0. I am fully over the wonderful carb laden Mother's Day Brunch. I will continue to monitor it probably forever to make sure I am keeping myself in the correct range. 

Sewing

I didn't even go down into the sewing room yesterday. I was scared I would make a mistake in what ever I was working on. 

I did spend a bit of time thinking about a purse to go with the outfit. I found a pattern called the Art Deco Bag by Dkinley Designs. It will have lots of basting which I am up to. 

Knitting

I worked on picking up the stitches on the arm of the vest. I divided the front of the arm into 8 sections and did the same for the back. I took the number of stitches and worked out how many I needed for each section. I picked up the stitches and counted. I had way too many stitches. My brain couldn't even do math using a calculator. Out came all the stitches and I redid the math, drew it into my book, and tried again. I got it right by being super focused and counting lots. 

Once I got all the stitches on the needle, I knit 7 rows of ribbing and cast off. 

After a short break, I divided the side seams into 8 pieces and started sewing them together. I very carefully did the stitching picking back where I wasn't happy. I am half done. 

I am glad I am taking my time with this step of the vest. It is going to be a really smart looking item when completed. 

Thoughts

    I am so grateful for family. Daughter-in-law took me in for my vaccine yesterday so I didn't have to drive. We had a good visit which was a bonus. She also checked in on me via text during the day to make sure I was okay. 

    I will be out and about to get soil this weekend. I need to get the flower pots filled and ready for plants. I am going to set up a table in the garage to hold all the plants I need to buy. I am looking forward to gardening this summer. 

Today

I need to get Elliott food sometime today. The dishwasher arrives this morning and it will be delivered before noon. I hope to sew this afternoon. I am out to family's for dinner and then off to Spring Fling at grandson's school. No knitting tonight. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment