Friday, May 26, 2023

Another Morning Out

Yesterday was cool with very little moisture. The high got to 13.5C. This morning it is cloudy and 6C. We are to have a bit of drizzle/mist with a high of 12C.

Lifestyle

I was out the door early yesterday as daughter-in-law and I were going to buy plants at a small greenhouse near Sackville. We had fun looking at all the plants and I got flowers, leeks, lettuce, jalapeños peppers, and a Thai basil. 

From the greenhouse we went to Sackville and did a bit of shopping. We were home in time for lunch. I had an enjoyable morning out.

After getting all the plants into the garage, I looked at my collection.


And this bunch also. 

I start planting seeds on Sunday morning and plants on Monday when it is a bit cooler. I will have to move plants in as it is going to be cool Monday night. I am worried about Wednesday as it is forecasted to be 30C. 

After lunch I fell asleep on the couch as I was tired. I hadn't slept well Wednesday night as I was cold. I did sleep well last night as I made sure I was warm when I went to bed. I didn't do much in the afternoon as I had no energy. 

I had great glucose readings yesterday -- mid to low 5's. My weight remained the same as yesterday so I am hoping that I'm over the little plateau I had. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday. I really need to get into the sewing room on a regular basis once again. 

I did watch episode 1 of the Great British Sewing Bee. This years group is quite talented and the person who went home wasn't the least talented person but the one who had time management issues. I am looking forward to watching all the episodes as any one of the sewers could win. 

I got Pixie Faire's freebie this morning. It is the straw hat pattern that I wanted to test and the pattern wouldn't open for me. I have most of the supplies for it. I also bought the course on making the hats as it was deeply discounted. I would like to make some Regency hats for the dolls. 

I watched a video by Fierce Kitten about selling your products at a farmer's market. This is one organized lady who knows exactly what to charge for her products. When I watch her videos, she inspires me to sell products. I need to have inventory which is hard for me. I will try to work on it. If I sell, I won't be buying all the stuff she bought as I will only do craft sales indoors in the winter. But, I can make and put into a tub items that I think are worthy of trying to sell. 

Knitting

I picked up the the remaining stitches on the 2nd armhole and knit the 7 rows of ribbing. I sectioned off the side seams and tied them together ready to sew together. 

I figure I have 2 evenings and it will be ready to steam and ship to daughter. I am ready to knit something small. 

Today

I need to do housework this morning. I am starting in the kitchen as it will be the easiest to do and then plot where I need to go next. I want to sew this afternoon and start sewing up the vest tonight. I am staying home today as I've been out most of this week and will be out tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday. 

Until the next time......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment