Thursday, May 25, 2023

A Lot Was Accomplished

 Yesterday was warm and sunny with a high of 18.5C. This morning it is cloudy and 8C. There is a difference between stations of whether we will get rain or not. The high is to get to 11C.

Lifestyle

I was busy yesterday. I got groceries and then went to the store's garden center where I got some plants. Once, home, I put away everything and was back out the door. 

My goal was to get a service check for the car (Monday May 29) as the engine light is on. I checked the gas cap and it didn't help. Yes, the engine light comes on if the gas cap is on put on correctly.

While in New Minas, I got a new watering can as it is one I like. Colour - acid green but who cares as I like the lovely rain shower effect it has when watering the plants. It was in the clearance area and was discounted. Bonus!

Next up was to get potting soil for the flower pots. I also bought this lovely begonia. 

I also got a deep pink Gerber daisy and some dusty miller. 

Next stop was to pick up my Singer Featherweight and register to sew on Tuesday all day. So far I am alone but I don't care. I will be sewing in a new setting. 

My last stop was to get buttons and a fabric eraser. Once home, I set up the front porch to see how the yellow flowers would look. 

I was under the stairs to get things out for the front landing. I need to add blue or pink and white flowers plus some greenery to the one pot. The yellow pot will be left as is. I need to check the batteries in the candles so they come on at night. 

I put the dark pink Gerber daisy on the back deck to see if I liked it. I do. 

After a light dinner (as I got the wrong order for lunch), I was, once again, out the door to watch grandson's school cadet core pass inspection. It was 2.5 hours long and a wonderful thing to watch. As the sun went down, the breeze got cold and I came home cold. I had on 2 coats and a blanket but we were all cold. When I got home, I brought in all the plants so they wouldn't get overly cold from the wind. 

I did no sewing or knitting yesterday as it was about the car, flowers, and grandson. I did watch the Great British Sewing Bee this morning and enjoyed it. There is some talent in this years group so it will be interesting to see what they create over the course of the show. 

My weight is down today and I wonder if it is over the bouncing or if today is the loss day and tomorrow is the gain day. We wait and see what happens. My glucose reading were a high 4 and a low 5 (missed the noon one as I forgot my kit) which is good for me. I also walked a total of 1.9 km shopping and walking between the parking lot and the far side of the soccer field last night. 

Today

I am out the door this morning to pick up daughter-in-law and we are going to a couple of greenhouses. If it doesn't rain, I will have to water the box I want to plant carrots in tomorrow. I am not sure what I will get done with sewing or knitting. Or will the flower boxes get potting soil. We wait and see.

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment