Saturday, May 06, 2023

Another Busy Day

 Yesterday was another cool cloudy day. The temperature hovered around 5C with it feeling like 0C. Late in the afternoon the skies cleared, the sun shone, and the temperature jumped up to 10.7C at 5 pm. This morning it is 1C and there is frost. It is suppose to be sunny with a high of 16C. 

Lifestyle

I had a busy morning and it wasn't cleaning. When I went to empty the dishwasher (which I had to run 3 times to get it do a full cycle), the door seal was hanging loose and a plastic piece with a string attached to it was on the ledge in the door. I know where the piece came from. Time for a new dishwasher. I did my research and am ready to buy one. This company is suppose to deliver, install the new one, and remove the old one from the premises. 

Daughter-in-law arrived just as I was cuddling Elliott so he would settle down for his nap. Her position at work was made redundant and she wanted me to know. She was surprised but I know she is a survivor. She is talking about retraining in the fall. I will support her to the max as she is an asset to any company she works for. 

In the end, absolutely no housework got done but I am okay with that. Late in the afternoon, I sat on the couch and let the sun shine on me (I did an Elliott thing) and enjoyed the warmth. It was too cold to go out as the north wind was still blowing. 

The lawn maintenance company was here to fertilize the lawns. I talked to him about spraying the weeds and will do it this week. I just need to watch the night temperatures which may make tomorrow a great day to do the job. As I walked on the lawn, I realized I am going to have to get gas and mow the lawn slowly as it is getting long. I also will need to weed whack. I have no idea when the company is coming to mow. 

I bought this postcard at the Tartan shop and am going to frame it. Not sure if I will keep it or if I will gift it. I just liked it a lot. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room. I tidied up the cutting table as it was driving me nuts. Much better. I also took a picture of the cardinal fabric with the new purchase. 

I cut the stabilizer from the back of the first cardinal square and set up the hoop for the next one. I pressed the back yoke of daughter's shirt and am pondering if I will interface all three pieces. I have to talk to her about that. 

My last job of the day was to clean the Juki. It wasn't too dirty but I like to do it on a regular basis. I changed the needle and checked the tension. All is good to go when I start on the doll's dress. Next up is the Diamond. I'll do it before I stitch out the next cardinal square. 

I found a new YouTube video collection on a lady who does all things Victorian/Edwardian. Her name is Bernadette Bonner and she is quite interesting. Two videos I watched showed her sewing her version of Moiraine Sedia's White Tower Dress and little jacket by hand. Incredible workmanship which makes me want to think more about couture sewing which I love. I need to get the couture course I have finished and start using what I've learned when sewing. 

Starching the fabric for the placemats is next and I'm researching more ideas. I'm going to try one using a garden sprayer that I have in the garage. I will do it outside on the grass and leave the fabric to dry while I do yard work. 

Knitting

I chose not to knit last night as I was enjoying the sunshine. I was also warm and knew my hands would sweat while knitting. 

Today

I am going to go and order the dishwasher this morning and will be going to watch grandson play soccer this afternoon. Not sure if I will knit tonight but I may do that. 

Until the next time...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment