Sunday, May 28, 2023

Carrot Seeds Planted

 Yesterday was warm and sunny. The high got to 23.3C. This morning it is 9C and it is going to be hot and sunny. The high is to get to 28C.

Lifestyle

I had a crazy morning. I was out to the shed to get the hoses out and got them connected. I put the back and forth sprinkler on for 15 minutes but it only moistened the soil. Out came the hand sprayer and I soaked the boxes. 

I was out from just after 11 am to 4 pm with family. We went to watch grandson's team play soccer in the city. We took our lunches and ate at the pitch. A trip to the bathroom clocked in .71 km. I got red from the sun. Grandson (and 3 other players) didn't play for some unknown reason but the team did a great job. They played the other team so they became out of energy as they had no subs. (called tanking them). Grandson's team won the game 2 - 1. I enjoyed my time out with family. 

Once home, I had an IBS attack and had to rest. Once I was over it, I was out to plant carrot seeds and water that bed once again. The soil was quite warm and the seeds should sprout in a few days. 

Sewing

I spent some time before leaving for grandson's game in the sewing room. I hand sewed the inner band in place and got the embellishment sewn together and turned right side out. 

I am slowly getting ready to sew at a quilt shop on Tuesday. I need to get a bag and a container for all my stuff to go into. I need to figure out if I need to cut out more fabric or if sewing 4 placemats is enough for 1 day. I will be there for 6 hours. 

For the reader asking about The Great British Sewing Bee, I got a free vpn subscription at Filmon. Once you are logged in go to tv guide for BBC one to find the Great British Sewing Bee. Go to Wednesday May 31, find the show at 5 pm and hover over the right side of the listing and click on record. It will record for you. Go back to the home page and on the left hand side you will see a list with recordings. Click on it and once the show is recorded, you can watch it from a link at the bottom of the page. Once you watch it, you have to delete the show before you can record the next episode. Hope that helps you. 

Knitting

No knitting last night as I was tired. 

Thoughts

    It has been almost 2 weeks since my last covid vaccine. I feel better having it but I still worry about getting the virus. I don't wear a mask when outdoors but I do indoors. I have stayed at home alone long enough that I am going to do a few things starting with sewing on Tuesdays. I will probably wear a mask while inside the classroom as that is my rule.  My one biggest fear is travelling by plane or train. 

    I am looking forward to having everything planted as spring is going to be summer pretty soon. I want colour and fresh vegetables. It will be a lot of work but it will be something I will enjoy doing. Family is teasing me as I didn't water the garden at exactly 7 pm last night like the Spousal Unit did. We did have a good chuckle as he was so prompt at watering every night.

    My little tree in the front is dead. It is showing no signs of growth. I will have to get the lawn mowing crew to remove it when they do the hedge. I won't be putting in a new tree but having that area as lawn. 

    I have almost reached my weight goal for my appointment with the doctor in June. If my A1C is back in the normal range, I will buy a Fitbit. I am 4 lbs shy of loosing 50% of what I want to loose. I don't think that will happen in the next 4 weeks. Who knows though. 

Today

Right after breakfast I am going out to plant peas and beans and water those beds well. I also need to water the rose bush. I would like to haul planters to the garage to fill with dirt so I will be ready to start planting a bit on Tuesday before I head out to sew. I may even plant two pots outside the garage as I can bring them in tomorrow night as it will be 3C. I am going to do the balance sheet, sew, and hopefully knit tonight. A day at home. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment