Wednesday, May 17, 2023

A Lovely Visit

 Yesterday started out nice with sunshine and warmth. It ended up cool and wet. The high did get to 16.C. This morning it is dull, damp and 6C. We are to have a high of 10C with showers. We have a frost warning for tonight. 

Lifestyle

I headed out the door early with the Singer Featherweight sewing machine. I was off so it can get serviced. As I was early, I stopped at the nursery to get some slow release fertilizer. I snooped around and got the tomatoes and pepper plants also. Sticker shock as a 6 pack of plants costs $6.99. I will give my neighbour half of the tomatoes as I am only going to grow 6 this year. I have lots of plants left to buy and have lots of other places to go to. 

At the quilt shop, I met with the owner and we had a wonderful talk about everything. She is a lovely person who loves her quilt shop and clients. Her husband arrives home today and will be excited to service my machine. 

My glucose readings are hovering around 5.0 which is nice. I am continuing to work hard at keeping them in that range so I won't become diabetic. I still haven't heard from the Wellness Center at the hospital and it has been 6 weeks. I know they are busy but I didn't think that busy. 

My hip and knee seemed to be better yesterday. I did do the stretching exercise and that seems to be helping. I will have to keep doing them more often each day. I will have to wash floors on my hands and knees also. 

Elliott has been playing with his toys in the living room. He spent some time last night with one toy. If he hits it properly, lights will flash which he likes. He loves to swat the other two all over the floor. He has one that he swatted down the stairs into the family room. 

When I got up this morning I found an elastic and a charging cable on the floor. He had been up on the counter, found them, and stole them to play with. It was the noise I heard when I woke up this morning. We've had a talk but it won't do much good. I will have to hide the elastic in a drawer as he loves to play with them but I fear he might swallow it. 

Sewing

I was in the sewing room yesterday afternoon. I now have 4 placemats cut out ready to sew on Tuesdays. 

The backing and batting are cut out but not the binding. I'm still deciding on which fabric to use. Right now I am leaning towards the small border fabric. 

I drew the 1/4" seams on the jacket lining. That took a long time. I got the shoulder seams sewn together before I called it a day. 

I did press the seams open and am now ready to insert the sleeves. Time spent on it yesterday - 1 hour. 

I need to set up another block to embroider and cut out a table runner to go with the place mats. I have kept the scraps for pot holders and mug rugs. Daughter suggested I make bowl cozies from the print. I still have 1.5 meters of the print left. I want to use up all this fabric so it is gone from the stash. I may have to gift some of the extra pieces if I have too many. 

Knitting

I finished the neckline on the vest last night. I even decreased on each side of the center stitch as I cast off. I am very pleased with how it looks. 

Next up is the ribbing on the armholes. I will be doing some measuring so I get the stitches the same on each side. Once done, I will have to sew up the side seams and ship it to daughter. 

Thoughts

    One of my goals is to get under the hedge weeded before I do any spraying. I have 3 days in which to do the hedge and start on the spraying. I will have 1 damp warmer day to work either in the shed or the garage. 

    I have decided to use my mother-in-law's dresser to store placemats, table runners, etc. in. I would love to refinish it and may do that during the winter. I can put drop cloths on the floor, push the bed into a corner and have some fun. The dresser will be perfect to store these items in. Right now I have them stored wherever I can find a spot. 

    I am still wanting to make myself a shirt. I have the pattern on the fabric and it is waiting for me to have the time to make it. I am hoping to start on it by the end of June or the beginning of July. I can work on it plus a quilt as I am finding alternating between 2 projects is doable if I make a plan in my head. 

    I am spending a lot of time trying to get an appointment for blood works prior to my next visit to the doctor. Hopefully it will happen in the next few days as the week I need an appointment is almost ready to be posted. I will be on the site as often as it takes to get an appointment. 

Today

I am off to get my Covid booster shot this morning. I will probably be out of it for part of the day as per usual when I get a needle. The only job I have to do is take the green bin to the road for pick up tomorrow. I will see how I feel and what I will be able to do. If nothing, I'm okay with that. If something I will call it a bonus. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment