Wednesday, May 03, 2023

A Busy Day

 Yesterday was cold but not wet. The high got to 9.6C. This morning it is 3C and we've had some rain. There is to be showers or drizzle with a high of 6C. 

Lifestyle

I was out the door early and went to Bedford to shop. The drive in was quite foggy but there was no rain.  I was into 3 stores and got what I needed. On the way home, I stopped in Sackville to go to the Giant Tiger store to see if they had a horseradish mayo called Horsey. It is made by Arby's and is thinner than mayo. I left it behind as it wasn't what I wanted. I did find a recipe for it which I will make when I need or want it. I was home by noon which was nice. 

I was quite sore yesterday as the next rain storm is arriving. It wasn't as bad as Sunday so I gritted my teeth and lived with it. I was cold due to the cold damp weather. I also had an IBS flare up that lasted until bedtime. It was more gas and bloating. Tomatoes are the culprit this time. But I am trying to eat them but not as much as I have been eating lately. I was craving them.

On Sunday, daughter-in-law hauled a ladder and pallets down to the street. The ladder was gone yesterday morning and one pallet has been moved a bit. I am hoping they will disappear soon. The wood in the pallets is great for burning in fire pits which a lot of places around here have. 

Sewing

I was busy in the sewing room yesterday afternoon. I stitched out the first cardinal block for my quilt. 

Starching the fabric so it was stiff was a good call as there is very little puckering. I am having a bit of a problem with the grey thread looping. I'm not surprised as it is a brand of thread I don't care for. It was the only grey that worked well with the fabric in all the threads I own. 

While the cardinal was stitching out, I trimmed the stabilizer on the back yoke of daughter's shirt. I have decided not to do the cuffs and she can send me the fabric if she wants them done after she cuts out the sleeves, collar, neckband, the short button bands. I really don't think the cuffs need embroidery as no one will notice them as all eyes will be on the yokes. 

When the embroidery was done, I went to get a few things at the closest quilt shop. I got the fabric for the shoes and may do part of the hat in it also. 

I almost went for a polka dot fabric but the honey comb seems to be a perfect choice. There is also a yellow honey comb fabric which was also cute. 

I got the mini heat press and some more vinyl for projects. I forgot to get a board for a wall hanging. The drying rack was bought so I can starch fabrics when it is warmer outside. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was fighting the IBS issues. 

Thoughts

    I am still wearing a mask 95% of the time. I have noticed that the majority of people are not wearing a mask unless it is mandatory. Yesterday I read the weekly report on Covid in Nova Scotia and they are recommending people wear a mask and still be vigilant. Many people have gone back to pre pandemic ways which seems to be putting people at risk. No other province seems to be reporting on Covid now so I have nothing to compare our numbers to. 

    I keep thinking I would love to take a one day course on quilting. At the moment, I am not sure if I want to be in a classroom with other people who may or may not wear a mask. I am not sure if I want to wear a mask for 4 to 6 hours straight. I am going to do some inquiring as one shop has day courses and the other has Tuesdays where you can bring your project and work on it in a more social setting. I may start a quilt using my mom's Featherweight sewing machine that will be my Tuesday project at that store. I'm thinking hard as I need to be out in a social setting with other people.

    Daughter sent me another video of the flooding in Cache Creek. The run off is going down the main highway even though the banks of the creek have been sand bagged. The heat is making the snow up higher melt very quickly. I am sure lots of people didn't get much sleep last night.  

Today

My plans are to scrub the bathroom this morning while doing laundry. I have to go to the grocery store after lunch and I may clean up the cutting table in the sewing room. I doubt if I will have time to do the embroidery as it takes 1.5 hours to stitch out. I have recycling to take out for tomorrow. I want to knit tonight and finish the left side of the front. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment