Thursday, May 04, 2023

A Decision Is Made

 Yesterday was a coolish day that had a few showers. The high got to 6C. Today it there is to be showers or drizzle with a high of 8C. More of the dull grey days we've had since it started to rain. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I cleaned the bathroom. I cannot believe the amount of TP fluff that accumulates in that room. It was dust before you scrub. That room got scrubbed and when all was done and shining, I realized I hadn't used canned air on the fan. I used it and did some more cleaning. I know I am to clean from the top down but somehow I forgot the fan. 

I am still sitting on the fence about making my own cleaners. The ones I use do a great job and are reasonably priced. I do use microfibre clothes like the pros but I also use terry cloth bar towels to wipe surfaces dry and shine up taps. I have discovered that flat weave microfibre cloths are great for streak free mirrors and windows. I'm going to try different floor cleaners as using an all purpose cleaner has dulled the shine on my floors. 

I was out after lunch to get my prescription and a few groceries. Once home, I hauled out the recycling. With the rain coming, I put 3 of the 5 bags of weeds from the hedge into the green bin. I have 2 bags to haul out this morning as it isn't raining and shouldn't rain before the truck arrives if it isn't late. 

Elliott had a hard time settling down for his big sleep yesterday. He was whiny, cuddly, and out of sorts. He finally settled down after dinner and let me cover him up with his quilt. 

He normally sleeps about 4 to 6 hours during the day under his quilt or a blanket. It is hard to do things when he is demanding attention due to being tired. He did try to settle down but just couldn't do it. 

Sewing

With Elliott being out of sorts, getting the groceries, taking out the recycling and visiting a neighbour, I didn't have time to sew. 

I did look at the quilt block and need to decide on a third fabric for it. Will it be a mottled fabric, a dot, or ??. Will it be red, dark grey, or black? What ever it is, it will be the backing and binding for the quilt. I have decisions to make once I get a few more of the squares embroidered. 

I have decided to look into doing Tuesdays at the quilt shop in New Minas. We bring our own projects and machine. I am thinking of doing the winter placemats ready to quilt at home on the Juki as I will sew on the Singer Featherweight. If I enjoy it, I will continue to go every other month and do a few Christmas gifts on my list. 

Knitting

I finished the first half of the front and put the center stitch onto a holder and did 2 rows on the second half. I have 78 rows left to go and the front will be finished. 

Today

I am out the door to take grandson to school. Cleaning is the dining room. I want to work on daughter's yokes and do another cardinal square. Tonight I will knit. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment