Monday, May 22, 2023

A Busy Day Ignoring the Wind

 Yesterday was quite the day. There were strong winds that was gusting up to 50 km/hr or more. It rained and it remained cloudy most of the day. The high got to 20.2C at 6 pm when the sun finally shone. This morning it is 9C with light clouds. It is suppose to be sunnier with a high of 15C. We are under a frost advisory for tonight. 

Lifestyle

With the wind blowing and making a lot of noise, my nerves were on edge. I had to go out and pick up a deck chair off the lawn. That was the only incident I had to deal with. To help ignore the weather, I did some genealogy and had some fun doing it. At least it took my mind off the wind. Daughter-in-law texted to see if all was okay which was nice. 

I looked into the garage to see if I could make a plan for the large tool chest. It is a mess on the top and I need to think about it. There is a lot to sort as it became a mess over time. It was something both of us are to blame for. I will look in the drawers but won't do much in them as son needs to do that. My plan is to start at one end and move to the other end. 

As I looked at the garage, I have decided that I want it to be minimalistic. I do store bins in it for garbage/compost/recycling but most of the other items can go. I would like to put down an outside area rug and have some chairs in there for the summer. I can roll up the rug and put it and the chairs away when I park the car inside for the winter. We will see if that happens. There is a lot to deal with in getting it ready for that. 

I lost 2.8 lbs this week for a total of 31.7 lbs. I have been tracking what I eat daily and watching my carb intake. Being active has also helped. I am almost ready to buy my Fitbit as my reward for meeting my first big goal. Not only do I have a weight loss goal but I want my A1C to be 5.7 or lower. 

Sewing

The jacket is almost finished. I put in the lining following this video. It worked out quite well though there is a bit of bulk at a couple of the seams. I will fiddle with them when I go to sew up the lining opening in the sleeve. I chose the sleeve seam as it is straight where as the side seam is curved. 

I rolled the edges, pinned them down and basted them prior to pressing. I am really getting into hand sewing as you don't have to deal with pins when sewing or pressing. I turned up the sleeves 3/4" and pressed them in place. I tried on the jacket and turned back the lapel on one side and did the other side to match. 

The jacket fits well on Kit. I had to pin on one of the bee buttons to see how it looked. 

I am liking it a lot. I will be finishing it up today with sewing the lining opening together and giving it a final press and sewing the button on.

I am going to admit that I don't often choose fabrics for the dolls that have insects or animals on them. This print spoke to me for some unknown reason. 

Next up is the hat. More drawing stitching lines on the pieces before I can sew a stitch. 

Knitting

I didn't knit again last night. I briefly looked at it and hope to do some on it soon. Maybe tonight. 

Today

This morning I am going to do a bit of housework, make French Onion soup and pulled pork. This afternoon, I want to sew and I hope to knit tonight. I won't be spraying weeds as the wind is blowing fairly good already. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment