Tuesday, May 30, 2023

From Hot To Cold

Yesterday was sunny and cool. The wind blew from the north most of the day. The high got to 13.5C. This morning it is sunny, calm, and 2C. There was frost also. Today is suppose to be sunny with a high of 23C. There is to be wind later in the day and a risk of frost again tonight. 

Lifestyle

I was out the door early to plant the cucumber seeds and water the vegetable boxes. I got cold doing the job due to how cool it was. I was back inside as quick as I could to warm up. All the seeds are planted and the plants will go out in the next few days. 

I did a load of laundry, headed out to get groceries, and puttered around doing what I could. At 2 pm I went to New Minas to return the watering can, get a sprayer, and have the car serviced. That appointment was at 3:30 pm. The car went in early and was done 1.5 hours later. The check engine light told them an emissions canister needs replacing. That will be done some time late next week when the part comes in. 

The fire near Halifax was burning out of control yesterday but the wind was pushing it back on itself so it didn't grow a lot in size. There are fire departments from all over helping with this fire. The volunteer fire department in our community is down there. People have lost their homes to this fire and people will be displaced for many days. There is a fire ban throughout the whole province until June 25 due to dryness and wind. 

Sewing

I had a bit of time to work on the hat. I am happier with how it looks after taking off the bee fabric piece and arranging it differently. 

I am not sure what I would do to the trim piece the next time but shortening it an inch in length might be the way to go. It is too long in my opinion. 

I have thought about downsizing my doll collection. I would like to get Rebecca but won't until I decide which dolls I want to keep. I know who I reach for as models and who are my favourites. I know I won't sell the Gotz dolls. My goal is to have 8 dolls total. 

Knitting

I knit on and off yesterday when I had a bit of time between chores. I would knit a row, do something and come back later to knit another row. By mid evening I had the sleeves on waste yarn and the body knit into one piece. 

It is actually knitting up faster than I had thought it would. I count stitches on every row to make sure I don't have a mistake. 

Thoughts

    There have been around 180 fires in Nova Scotia so far this year. With the weather conditions the way they are, all have been started by people. With a no burning ban, hopefully there will be no more fires so the ones that are still burning can be put out. 

    There was some smoke in our area yesterday. It didn't come as far as our location but you could smell it occasionally. By 9 pm, the smoke was gone but I am sure it will be back again today. 

    My weight went down another 1.1 lbs since yesterday. I've lost a total of 33.1 lbs. I am active and eating properly. My glucose was in the 5's yesterday, dropping from 5.8 at breakfast to 5.3 at dinner. I walked 1.2 km with the phone in my hand but need to do more activity. That is in the books this week. Outside needs weed control and plants planted, inside needs cleaning. 

Today

I have to make my lunch and spend the day sewing at the quilt shop in New Minas. This is a trial session for me. Before I go, I need to water the vegetable boxes. I hope to knit tonight. The planters will be checked to see if they need to be watered as the next 2 days are going to be warm and I want to get the boxes really damp so the seeds don't dry out. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment