Saturday, February 25, 2023

What A Storm

 Yesterday was cold, windy, snowy, downright ugly. The high got to -7.6C but with the windchill it was more like -14C. I am going to guess that we had between 4-5" of snow fall during the day. This morning it is -17C with a windchill of -22C. It is suppose to be sunny with a high of -11C. 

Lifestyle

I started the day out sweeping the floors where necessary and washing them. I stopped around 11 a.m. and headed outdoors to shovel the driveway. The neighbour's oldest boy had done it about 8 a.m. and it had snowed and drifted quite a bit after that. I was done in good time for me as the snow was light and fluffy. Once in and rested, I finished washing the floors and had lunch. I am glad I did the driveway as it snowed and blew a lot more after that. 

The county plowed the roads in our area at least 4 times yesterday with our road being done twice. I took out the first roll of snow when I shovelled. The next time they did our road, our neighbour got out his snowblower and did it for me. He spent quite a bit of time widening his driveway so his mom can get out safely. My driveway has some snow on it but it won't take long to shovel. I can get in and out safely. The county has also salted the roads this morning. 

Our weather is to start getting warmer after Sunday night. Tonight is the coldest night of this spell. When it starts to warm up, we are to have more snow which is not what I really want. Oh well, it is what it is. 

Once the storm hit, my pain left. I have a bit of soreness but nothing compared to what it was. I did some balance exercises yesterday afternoon but nothing else. Shovelling the driveway was enough exercise for the knee and hip. I do keep heat on it when I sit to knit in the evening. It helps to keep it relaxed for when I need to stretch. 

Sewing

I spent time working on the towel toppers yesterday. The four toppers are made and I got 1 towel inserted. 

The three remaining towels need to have the hem cut off one end, folded and inserted into the topper. The next step is to check the button stash to see if I have the buttons or if I need to buy them. I plan on hanging these on the handle of the dishwasher or stove so I can wipe my hands on them when cooking. 

I watched a video on how to make two blocks; Churn Dash and Ohio Star. Both are quilt as you go and the main goal is to work on accuracy. I am thinking of making the Ohio Star (6 blocks) as a quilt for Elliott and learn the process. I will probably do a block a week for 6 weeks and then sew them together. I am looking forward to trying something new. I need to figure out how much of two fabrics I need as I have the main fabric. 

I am hoping to embroider another gift bag soon. I have put socks into the last one I made and it is perfect for them. This one will be the same width but taller. 

Knitting

I worked on the test sweater and have the yoke pattern done. It is a lovely pattern to test. 

I am now ready to put the sleeve portions onto waste yarn and knit the body. 

Today

I am not certain if I will shovel the driveway as it is cold outside. I want to do some laundry, launder the placemat fabrics, and start making doll panties. I will knit tonight. Another stay at home day for me. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment