Sunday, February 12, 2023

The Sewing Machine Was Used

 Yesterday was windy and we had quite a few flurries. The high got to 1.4C (before 6 a.m.). The temperature dropped all day and the windchill was around -10C most of the day. This morning it is -5C and the high is to get to 2C. We could have flurries during the day. 

Lifestyle

No housework got done as I headed to Costco with daughter-in-law. It was time for another trip to do the store together. It was a lot of fun. I got a few things I needed and she got more. We laughed, walked, backtracked, and spent a good hour in the store. We even got everything into her car which was another accomplishment. 

Once home I did putter a bit before lunch. I didn't do any exercises as I had walked quite a bit. I did stretch some. I wasn't really sore though my knee was stiff. I walked carefully due to the snow and a bit of ice in the parking lot. 

Sewing

The sewing machine was turned on yesterday. I haven't had it on for a long time. My first job was to stitch around the edge of the wall hanging so all the layers were in place. I used my
zipper foot and stitched close to the edge of the outer border. 


I froze up thinking about quilting it. I have no idea what to do. None, nada, zip. I put it on the chair to look at knowing I'll need help or have to pay someone to do it. 

To overcome the stress I was feeling with the horse, I finished up the black gift bag I had embroidered a red barn on in January. It is shorter than I had originally had planned but I cut off some of the top to centre the embroidery. I cut the lining 1/4" shorter in length and the next time I will cut it 1/2" shorter. Overall I do like this gift bag and it is on the radar to make again. 

By the time this was finished, it was time to stop for the day. Next up is piping and a doll's dress. I am excited to be sewing again. And I will figure out what I will do with the horse. It isn't going to languish on the chair collecting dust. 

Knitting

I knit yesterday and was happily knitting when I discovered I had done 4 extra patterns on the sock I had finished. I said a few words to myself and knit on the other sock. A picture of the socks before I started unknitting. 

I did unknit the 16 extra rounds I had knit. I have 16 rounds left to knit on the 2nd sock and I can start on the heel flap.

Thoughts

     I am slowly moving forward with my life. I am learning that the Spousal Unit is at peace rather than having the issues he was having with Alzheimer's. I know he loved me and I cherish that every day. I am putting the guilt I felt from moving forward aside and am healing. 

    It was great to go shopping with daughter-in-law. We always enjoy ourselves immensely. Yesterday was fun as we laughed a lot. We usually do when we go out together.  

    I am almost done week 1 of my new eating plan. I have lost weight and have noticed that I feel better. I have less fluid on my body which is great. I have made good changes to my eating habits and am making good choices. I know that loosing weight and doing my exercises will help me get my knee, back and hip better. 

Today

I will be doing the balance sheet, working on taxes, doing laundry, and tidying up some. My neighbour is coming over to put a patch on the wall in the sewing room that was put in when we had the outside tap fixed a couple of years ago. I hope to start cutting out piping but I don't know if that will happen. If not, I will bag up items for the thrift shop. Tonight I am out for dinner at family's house and may knit when I get home after dinner. I'm hoping for a busy day. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment