Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Progress Sewing and Knitting

 Yesterday was a nice day with a high of 3.2C. The sun did shine some and it wasn't grey and dull when cloudy. This morning it is -7C. It is suppose to get to 4C with lots of sunshine. Then it starts to cloud up tonight so it can snow for a couple of days. 

Lifestyle

I went for groceries, paid a bill, and was to the bank. It was nice to be outside for a while. The grocery store was busier than I had thought it would be. Being closed on Monday seems to bring people out on Tuesday to shop. 

I talked to a neighbour yesterday and they are doing well. I haven't seen them for a long time so it was nice to get caught up. 

I had a rash show up that was itchy. I have dealt with it and think it is from eating tomatoes after not having them for a few days. I'm not going to eat them for a week and try a bit of salsa to see what happens. 

The seeds I ordered (except the carrots) are at the mail box. I will have to pick them up today. I am looking forward to having a small garden this year. 

Sewing

I had fun in the sewing room and got the lining cut out and interfaced. There is no more lining fabric left in the stash which is a bonus. The bits are in the trash. I got one end sewn on and am ready to sew the other end on. 

I am nearly ready to insert the lining, add the binding to the bottom and hand sew it in place. 

I am playing around trying to make labels for the spice jars I am buying. The three I bought are filled and ready for labels. I am following this tutorial and get so far, delete the labels from Cricut Design and start again. It is getting easier each time I do it. I have the time as I can't get the vinyl until late next week. I want to go when I can get batting for the place mats I want to make. Oh and after it stops snowing. 

Knitting

I knit on the socks and got to the end of the ball on sock #2. 

I attached the 3rd ball of yarn to sock one, finished knitting the last 8 rows of the foot and started shaping the toe. The first 9 rows are complete and I'm one happy camper. 

I may be done these by Sunday. I will miss knitting them but have the pattern for the next ones ready to go after doing some knitting for the dolls. 

Thoughts

    I am getting excited to plant the garden now the seeds are here. Though it won't be as big as previous years, it will be something I can handle and enjoy doing. 

    I am hoping that I can tackle the bedroom closet while it is snowing. Not sure as I know I will be shovelling snow Friday. I will do what I can as shovelling snow takes priority.

Today

I out for physio this morning and I hope that the appointments can start to be 3 weeks apart soon. When home, I need to break down some boxes and take out the recycling later today. I would like to get the cover ready for hand sewing the binding down and to finish one sock tonight. I don't need to go anywhere today after I finish with physio.

Until the next time.......................................................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment