Friday, February 17, 2023

Out And About

Yesterday was a spring like day with lots of sunshine and a high of 12C in our area. This morning it is 3C and we have a ENE wind. The high is to get to 6C and we are under a freezing rain warning starting this afternoon and evening. The temperatures are to drop to 0C this afternoon.

Lifestyle

With the sun shining, I decided to get out of the house. I headed to Sackville to get a few items from two stores. I also bought a prepaid shipping box to ship some items to daughter. It was wonderful walking outside and I truly enjoyed my little trip. The sun was so bright I had to wear sunglasses.

Once home, I filled the box and and took it to the post office The parcel is now on its way to her. Once again, I enjoyed walking in the sunshine and warm temps. 

I had a late lunch and after finishing it, I went down to the sewing room and put the snaps on 8 adult bibs. It took a bit of time as I had to work hard to get the snaps on tight enough they would close. Once done, I pressed the bibs and 2 bags I had made and took them to a nursing home. They were delighted to receive the items. I am delighted to donate them and they are now being used vs being in the sewing room closet. 

I made a stew for dinner in the Instant Pot. I have enough for dinner tonight. It was delicious. I added some leeks and mushrooms to this one but didn't make the dumplings. I also didn't add the brown sugar. In all a success. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks last night and got 10 rounds done on the first sock. The gusset is officially being done. 

I had to stop as my left hand started to cramp. Not sure why as it is usually my right hand that cramps up. I have 16 more rounds to do and the gusset on sock #1 will be done. 

Thoughts

    I had very little pain yesterday even though I walked a lot. I did get tired as I was on the move but the pain was minimal. The storm coming in made it a bit sore in the evening. I am hoping that it won't be too bad as the storm arrives this afternoon. 

    I spent some time thinking about the items I want to sew for the rest of this month. I have to start the Kitchen Aid cover next and then would like to start on the winter placemats. The list of items is getting longer and longer but I'm happy to be sewing and the stash is going down. 

    I am going to spend a bit of time looking at the thread for the next two embroidery projects. One is for another gift bag and one is for the embroidered squares for my Christmas quilt. I am thinking of doing embroidery on Sundays after I do the balance sheet. 

Today

I am going to clean the bathroom and make onion soup for two lunches. I have to launder the fabric for the Kitchen Aid cover and then hope to cut it out and start cross hatching the pieces. Tonight I am going to knit on the socks. I have to put salt on the driveway before lunch for safety reasons. 

Until the next time............................................................ 

1 comment:

  1. I always admire your industry! I have to remind myself I’ve got a full time job in my time requirements so I don’t feel incompetent in comparison. Comparison is the thief of joy, so, go girl go! I’m glad you got some of that nice spring weather for a minute.

    ReplyDelete