Tuesday, February 14, 2023

And It Snowed

 Yesterday was dull and grey with a high of 0.6C. Midafternoon the snow arrived and we had more snow fall than I had thought we would. There was some drifting but I think about 4-5" fell. This morning it is -3C and suppose to be cloudy. The high is to get to 0C. 

Lifestyle

I did my grocery shopping and got home having a blood sugar low. I put everything away, ate some grapes, and rested for 30 minutes. It did the trick. 

After lunch, I headed out to New Minas to exchange a light bulb from warm white to daylight and decided to go to the dollar store. I wandered around the whole store getting a few items I needed for the kitchen. I picked up two denim blue baskets for condiments and jello. Keeping things corralled is important for me now. 

When I sat down, I was tired from the morning's sugar low and promptly fell asleep. I slept for about an hour and felt better when I woke up. I haven't fallen asleep for a while now so it did surprise me. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I napped. I did go into the sewing room to look at fabric daughter was talking about for bags that I'll make for her to donate to dog show. We then talked about me making two (three?) other bags. She will send the fabric for two and I have the fabric for the third one. It has horses on it. 

The design we came up with for the bags with dogs on them will look similar to this.

Knitting

I finished the heel flap on the first sock. I do keep track of the rows knit on the sock as well as in my book. 

The other side looks like this. The padding shows on the underside of the heel flap where as it looks like ribbing on the right side. 

I do love the simplicity of the pattern. Daughter thinks these socks will be perfect with her work boots. After that discussion, I got 10 rows knit on the heel flap of the 2nd sock. 

Thoughts

    When I picked up my medication, I asked about the next vaccine shot for Covid. None until the fall. This is so the Covid and flu vaccines are administered at the same time. For me that means two different locations for the shots. 

    My friends take good care of me. Their oldest boy is shovelling my driveway. I will have to go to the bank and get him some $$ as he deserves to be paid when he comes over on his own to do it. 

Today

My big job today was shovelling snow but as I don't have to, I will do some housework, sew some and knit. I will pop out after lunch to get some money. 

Until the next time................................................................

1 comment:

  1. Catherine9:19 AM

    I love reading your blog and I have bought 2 Gotz dolls of my own. Do you know the UK internet shop, 'My Doll My Best Friend?' They sell socks and tights that fit mine.

    ReplyDelete