Saturday, February 18, 2023

Being Too Anal

 Our one day of spring weather disappeared. It was a cloudy day the high temperature was 3.1C at 6 a.m. and it cooled off all day. About 2 pm it started to rain and by 9 pm it had snowed. This morning it is -7C, snowing and blowing. We have had about 5" of snow fall. 

Lifestyle

With the weather system coming in, I was a bit sore all day. I did push and got the bathroom cleaned. I am slowly using up some of the cleaners I have and am still thinking on whether to replace or try something new. 

I made French onion soup for lunch. I cheated and used dried onion soup mix and beef broth. I heated that in the Instant Pot while I caramelized 2 onions. Dumped them in with some garlic and pressured cooked on soup and low pressure for 10 minutes. I cut up cubes of a baguette and added some mozzarella cheese and put it under the broiler. It was quite good. I have enough for lunch today and put the remaining bit of left over soup into the stew for dinner last night. 

Son was over for a quick visit yesterday and it was nice to see him. We had a good talk about several things before he had to leave for an online meeting. He perked up my day. 

I did my exercises yesterday after sewing as my back was sore. It did help a lot and I will be doing them again today. 

Sewing

While I was busy in the morning, I laundered the fabric for the Kitchen Aid cover. I pressed it and got the pieces cut out. I decided to use Soft and Stable and it just about drove me nuts. Maybe it was just me. I started out cross hatching it like normal and the lines curved at the beginning. Enough that I noticed it and ripped them out. I then drew lines on the fabric with greater success. While drawing the 2nd set of lines, I noticed that the 2" spacing was becoming 2.25" so I ironed off the lines (Frixon pens are wonderful). After three attempts, I got the lines to where I was happy. I quit for the day with no pictures and a sore back from being so tense and stressed. I started to put it all to being anal as I wanted to have perfection. 

I really like how Soft and Stable gives the piece I'm working on a great shape. It doesn't flop over on its self. It presses well as I had to remove the fold lines from it sitting in its package for 5 to 6 years. This package will make the cover for the Kitchen Aid with a bit left over. I have another package that I will use in a bag. I did spray adhesive the fabric to the Soft and Stable and stitched 1/8" away from the edge. I would cross hatch a bag to keep the fabric smooth. I'm going to give this a 2nd chance in hopes that it was just me being anal with the cover. 

Without getting out the lining for this project, I know I will have to piece it together. As it is the lining, I'm not worrying about it. I had figured this would happen as I'm using up left over backing from daughter's quilt. 

Knitting

I knit 16 rounds on the first sock and finished the gusset. Once I got into the swing of it, it was quite relaxing. 

The lacy pattern goes down to the toe and it is still keeping the knit interesting. 

The under part of the gusset is done in the padded stitch and I will stop doing that now. It is on to knitting the gusset of sock #2. 

Thoughts

    The county is out plowing the roads in our area with the loader that has the big blade on it. I will have to shovel snow this morning as the driveway has lots on it. It will be great to do it with very little pain though I will be tired when done.

    I am enjoying being busy. It helps make the days pass by and keeps my spirits up. I never did as much sewing when I worked full time. Between keeping the house clean and doing school stuff at home, I had little time to sew. Sewing was a treat when I got to do it. Now I can choose to sew or knit when I want to. I actually have to monitor myself that I'm not spending too much time at home and schedule time to get out. I can be a hermit.

    I don't know if we got freezing rain yesterday as I didn't hear it against the windows. I have a feeling the bridge decks were icy but the roads would be okay as the salt would work on them. I am glad I could stay home yesterday and will do the same today. The weather is improving so I can get out tomorrow if necessary. Our next snow is scheduled for Friday. 

Today

I have to shovel snow today. No getting away from it. If I have time, I will work on the Kitchen Aid cover and will knit tonight. I doubt if I will get any house work done. The joys of having it snow. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment