Tuesday, February 07, 2023

And The Wind Blew

 Yesterday was a nice day which was bright but overcast. The high got to. 4.7C. The wind came up in the early evening and blew from the north all night. It was -6C (windchill -13C) this morning and the high will get to -1C. There is suppose to be sunshine and the wind is suppose to ease off this afternoon. The storms coming in merged and came up along the province on the Atlantic side giving no precipitation to most of the province. Just the wind. 

Lifestyle

I had a great session at physiotherapy yesterday morning. I worked hard in the gym doing the exercises and then the therapist did her number with the long leg stretch and knee rotations. I got one more exercise for my lower back. It has been sorer than I want it to be. 

After a rest at home, I went for groceries. I got what I needed for a week or more. I walked the whole store and I started to ache when I was checking out. The pain got worse after lunch so I did my exercises. By late afternoon it was so sore I was uncomfortable with it. I walked, sat, and even laid down. Nothing eased the pain. Before dinner, I put the heat on my back as it was the sorest. When I thought it was warm enough I gave it a really good stretch and it helped it a lot. Nothing helped my hip or knee due this crazy storm. It is quite a bit better this morning and I'm hoping the pain will almost be gone by noon.  

I ate well yesterday but didn't loose weight. Part of it was pain and part was not being mobile. What started off good ended up with me sitting in pain. I will keep on the plan and do my best. 

Sewing

I pressed the horse's head so the pieces are now fused. I cut the backing and borders and laid the horse on the backing fabric. 

My friend came over and told me it is ready for me to press the head down. I can't press it all down until after I add the borders. But I'm on the road to finishing the front part of the wall hanging. I need 2 spools of thread for stitching the horse down. There is still a lot of work to be done, but it will be mainly working at the sewing machine. I can do that part over the next couple of months with other sewing in-between. 

Knitting

None done as I was in too much pain. 

Thoughts

    I am very determined to loose weight and do my exercises. I know the benefits of both on my back, hips, and knees. I want to get stronger over the next 4 to 5 months in hopes that I can start going to physio every 3 to 4 weeks. I'm not there yet. 

    The storm that went through yesterday and last night caught me by surprise. It was on the radar and then it disappeared. When it hit, I knew immediately why I was so sore. 

    I walked quite well without the cane yesterday. I had a good stride with little to no pain. It was wonderful to feel almost normal when out and about. When the pain started up, I was still able to walk properly and not hobble like I was. The stairs were the killer when I was in pain. I did hobble up and down them several times. 

Today

I am hoping that I can handle the vacuum cleaner today and get the floors done. If not too sore, I will wash some of the floors. If not, I will do them over the next couple of days. Exercises are on the list. I want to work on the horse's head and try to knit tonight. I'm not going out if I don't have to. My trip for thread can wait until Thursday. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment