Thursday, February 23, 2023

One Sock Done

 Yesterday was sunny and calm until the afternoon when the wind started to blow. The high got to 3.9C. This morning it is cloudy and -9C. We are to have light snow fall today and the temperature is stay around -9C. 

Lifestyle

I headed out to physio in the morning. I was stiff and a bit sore due to the storm coming in. I worked extra hard on the exercises and got a new balance board exercise to do. When I left I was stiff and sore in a new way. I dealt with it all day and finally got it stretched out last night. I was stiff and sore from both the storm coming in and the exercising I did. I am better today with some stiffness. I will survive this as I am getting better. 

I was also tired and wanted to nap. I didn't let that happen when I sat and applied heat to the painful area. I rested but did not close my eyes. When it got bad, I took the green bin out to curb side and sorted out some recycling. Not enough to go out. The cold woke me up. 

Sewing

I worked on the Kitchen Aid cover and today's job is to see if I cut too much off the lining. If so, I have to remove the binding and add the piece back on with a tiny seam allowance. The joys of being tired and trying to sew. I want to get it ready to hand sew the binding down on Friday but I have a feeling it might be Saturday now. 

My next project is a side track. I am going to sew toppers for the dish towel to hang on the oven door handle. I have the towels and the fabric so will do it by the end of the month. 

Knitting

To stay awake, I knit on the socks. The first one is completed. 

I have done the foot on the 2nd sock and now need to arrange stitches so I can start on the toe. I am surprised at how fast these socks knit up. 

My next project is to test a pattern for one of the designers and I love the pattern. I'm hoping to start it this weekend. 

Today

I need to start dusting and tidying up the house once again. Thanks to Elliott, there is cat hair everywhere. I will work on the mixer cover this afternoon and knit tonight. A stay at home day with it going to snow. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment