Wednesday, February 08, 2023

We Now Have Borders On

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of -2C. The wind blew hard at times. This morning it is -3C with a windchill of -7C. We are to have flurries, rain and sunshine. The high is to get to 2C. 

Lifestyle

I started the day out with exercises and did them again after lunch. I am happy to be pushing myself to do each exercise better to help me get stronger and to have less pain. I also put heat on my back and stretched it several times during the day.

Yesterday consisted of cleaning up the spare room, my bedroom, the hall and bathroom. The floors were vacuumed and washed in each room. I did some dusting and tidying up. Once done, I vacuumed the kitchen, dining and living areas and gave the living area floor a quick scrub. I was tired and sore when I got done. I felt happier to see that I am, once again, pushing to have the house tidy and clean. 

I finished day 2 of eating correctly. I have tracked everything I ate and upped how much water I am drinking. It takes time and effort but this is one more thing I want to do in my life. 

Late yesterday afternoon, I walked down the driveway to pick up the weekly flyers. On my way back up I noticed 4 deer in the field and am happy that they are, once again, around. I enjoy the wildlife we can see in this area. 

Sewing

I was down to the sewing room for 2 hours. I worked on the horse and have it ready to sandwich for quilting.

Putting the borders on should be easy but some parts of this was a mammoth task. I sewed, resewed, said a few choice words, and finally got it done. Only 1 piece moved a bit during one pressing session. I can easily fix it if I think it is necessary. I do like how the borders tone down the background fabric as it is a colour I don't really like. 

Knitting

I picked up my knitting last night and did 8 rounds on one sock. The leg is half done. I had to put it away as my hands started to cramp up. 

Thoughts

    I am glad that I had a weight loss but am happier that I am monitoring carefully what I eat. Portion control, planning, and making sure every meal is ready to make before hand is important. I have to make sure that I am in control of what I eat or the food controls me. I am not eating differently but am monitoring what goes into those meals. Less fats, fewer refined sugars, and no guessing at portion sizes. I am being brutally honest with myself and my food intake. 

    I was happy to finish up the horse wall hanging. It has been time consuming and stressful. It was something I should never have bought as it was beyond my ability (at that time). But now that it is ready to quilt, I am proud that I got it done. And I will never make another one of these again. 

    I feel that I live a boring life with housework, eating correctly, sewing, and knitting. I don't go out a lot either. One of my goals this year is to have a bit more balance in what I do. I'd like to do more walking, get out a bit more, and have the house easier to clean. I am noticing that I focus a lot on sewing and knitting and am trying to balance that also. It takes a lot of work to change one's habits. 

Today

The goal today is to clean the living room area of the house. I  want to sandwich the horse wall hanging so I can slowly quilt it but I may only get the cutting table cleaned up. I have to take grandson to physio this afternoon. Tonight I want to knit. Another day at home but I am working on getting the house in order so I can do other things. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment