Tuesday, February 21, 2023

I Asked "Why?" And Got An Answer

Yesterday was a lovely day with sunshine and a high of 9.6C. This morning it is 1C and we are to have a high of 0C as it is, once again, cooling off. The sun is to shine most of the day. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I finished cleaning up the mess I had made when cleaning the storage room. The Cricut box is put away between the shelving unit and hot water tank. The box with the Wii in it was put against the freezer until I can sell it. The floor was swept and a rug that has been put away since 2019 was put on the floor. 

Once the room was done to my satisfaction, I dealt with the recycle, trash, and items to come upstairs. I consolidated the light bulbs and have 16 light bulbs. It is crazy how I collected them trying to get the light better for the Spousal Unit for when we were doing puzzles. I just have the china barrel to break down and put away. I missed it as I was having a sugar low. I had to have grapes and rest for a while. I even had a nap in the afternoon as I was tired. 

Grandson had his birthday dinner last night. He wanted ham and it was delicious. It is smoked and the flavour is the best of all the smoked hams we have tried. I got some to freeze for meals which is wonderful. 

Sewing

I worked on the Kitchen Aid cover and got the outer part done. The fabric is wrinkled some and I was confused as to why. I have never had this problem with batting. I kept saying "Why?" as I had done everything right. 

I also had to cut off an inch as the rectangle was too long. 


I got out the lining and pressed it. Upon measuring the width, I don't have to piece any of it. Hurrah for that. One end piece is cut out and I'm ready to cut out the rest. 

I happened upon a YouTube video on bag making by Fierce Kitten Studio. I looked at what she had to offer and one was on interfacings. It was great and I think I know why I have wrinkle issues. I should have interfaced the fabric with fusible interfacing before using the foam. The other video I had watched using the foam batting was to lay the fabric on it and stitch around the edges to hold in place. They said the knit cover would hold the batting in place. It seems it doesn't. 

After watching the video, I sat and did some thinking about the cover. I will be using fusbile interfacing on the lining to give it more shape on the inside. I have decided I will be using the interfacing on the fabric for the next project prior to using the foam batting. I am also going to try the the fusible interfacing on fabric before applying fusible fleece. Lots to learn in the next couple of months as I do have bags to make. 

Knitting

I finished round one of the edging on daughter-in-law's afghan and got row 2 done on one end. When row 2 is complete, the afghan will be done. 

I didn't knit on the socks as my hands were tired from crocheting. 

Thoughts

    I am starting to heal from the Spousal Unit's passing. Though I do miss him, I am not dealing with issues I was having. I have more good memories of him than bad which is how I want it to be. Today is 5 months and I am not feeling depressed today. Some sadness but I know he is at peace. 

    I seem to be lucky when I have issues on a project. YouTube brings up videos at the right time to help me solve the issues. I am grateful that I can work on resolving problems and move forward. I am also grateful that I like to experiment. The one quilt shop is going to love me buying their interfacings. Now I know why they bring it in. One uses it for bag making which I didn't know. I will be buying it when I start a project I am going to quilt. 

    Our weather is crazy. We are  suppose to get snow on and off for most of the next week to 10 days. March is coming and it is suppose to come in with snow. Will it be in like a lion and out like a lamb? I won't hold my breath as I've seen it come in like a lion and out like a lion. 

Today

I have to go get some groceries, pay a bill and stop at family's with grandson's birthday card and money. Once home I hope to do a bit of housework and sew on the Kitchen Aid cover in the afternoon. I will knit this evening. I have to make a plan for cleaning one closet in my bedroom. I took a look and I've started to think about it. 

Until the next time................................................

    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment