Thursday, February 09, 2023

A Busy Day

 Yesterday as cloudy but not dull. The high got to 3C which was nice. This morning it is -5C and we are to have sunshine and a high of -1C. Snow this evening. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning the living room area. I removed a lot of cat hair off the furniture, moved it around, vacuumed, dusted, and washed the floor. The blankets were laundered. By noon, I was exhausted and sore. But I was happy with how the area looked. I didn't purge anything from the room as it doesn't have a lot in it. It just needed to be organized and cleaned. 

I did my exercises twice yesterday and then spent some time stretching my lower back. It has been sore with all the exercise and cleaning I've been doing. It needs a combination of heat and stretching which is helping it. 

I was out to take grandson to physio yesterday afternoon. It was nice to get out of the house for a short time. He and I had a great visit which was the icing on the cake. 

Sewing

I spent a bit of time in the sewing room cleaning up the cutting table. The fabric scraps are almost ready for the garbage. The pattern is folded up with the instructions on the top. Tools were put away. I took the extra border fabric and cut it down for the extra binding strip I need. The backing for the horse was measured, cut out, and the extra piece put back into the stash. I grabbed some batting and cut it ready to stitch the two pieces together so I have a large piece to sandwich the quilt together. Not a lot but I did more than I thought I would with the time I had. 

Knitting

I knit on one sock and did quite a few rounds before my hands started to cramp up. It is mindless knitting once you do the 9 stitches of pattern every other row. 

Thoughts

   I am still having pain when doing housework and exercise. I know it is probably from lack of muscle tone. There are times I wonder if I have a pinched nerve. I will persist and hope it gets better as I get stronger. If not, I will ask the doctor for some tests. 

    I ate well again yesterday. My food was measured and tracked. I was full all day as my intake was balanced. No cravings or wanting to over eat. And not wanting to under eat. I may start meal planning on Sunday so I can make more smart food choices. 

    I made an appointment with the optometrist for the end of March. I can take the Spousal Unit's glasses in to donate to the Lions Club. I'm not sure if I will get new frames or not but I will get the coating put on the lenses for reflecting the glare from screen usage. 

    The days are getting longer and it is nice. I'm looking forward to spring when I can open the windows, get out to plant seeds, and enjoy a bit of time cleaning areas that need to be done. I won't have everything done in the house but I can do it during the heat of the summer.

Today

 I am off to get 2 spools of thread for quilting the horse. I have to get a few other items plus stop for food for Elliott. I am not sure if I will sew this afternoon or just rest. I am hoping that I can knit tonight. 

Until the next time....................................................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:02 AM

    I've been enjoying your progress on the horse project and admiring your grit and resilience over all, so thank you for sharing your stories.

    Do they have fabric recycling where you live? Around here one can donate fabric scraps that are used in manufacturing rug pads, etc, and thus keep scraps out of the waste stream, just a thought.

    ceci

    ReplyDelete