Sunday, February 19, 2023

Kitchen Aid Cover Cross Hatched

Yesterday started out cold, grey, and windy. The sun finally shone and the high got to -5.C. Other than some snow in the morning, no more fell during the day. This morning it is -3C having warmed up from -8C at 9 pm. We are to have a high of 1C with sunshine. 

Lifestyle

I piled on the clothes and headed out after having breakfast. I unlocked doors as I was closing the garage door to keep that area from freezing. I did the first pass of shovelling and slid on the ice. I didn't fall which was good. I did about 3 or 4 passes when our friend's oldest boy came over to help me. We were done in 30 minutes. I salted the driveway before heading in. By 3 pm, the driveway was bare. The salt and sunshine did their job. 

After a brief rest, I cleaned up the two bedrooms. Having very little pain meant I could work quicker than I have had in the past. It is nice to be able to do housework without having so much pain it becomes a burden rather than a chore. I rested when done but wasn't sore. 

The upstairs is clean and I am taking a day off from cleaning. I will get back to redoing parts this week. I am hoping it will be maintenance for a week and then back to cleaning closets. 

Sewing

I had some time before lunch to sew on the cover for the Kitchen Aid. I finished cross hatching the main piece with no issues. It was me who was the problem on the previous day. 

After lunch, I cut the pieces for the ends of the covers and cross hatched them. I also cut them out and did rows of stitching around the edges using a short stitch length. The long piece needs to be measured, cut size and two rows of stitching done on it. Then I will be ready to assemble it. 

The fabric looks wrinkled and it isn't. I smoothed it out carefully when I used the temporary adhesive and kept smoothing the fabric as I sewed. There is no puckering. It doesn't look this bad in real life.  
Knitting

I have lots of Soft and Stable left so will be using it in a bag. I want to see how it works and the one piece needs to be used up. It has been in the stash for to long. There is discolouration from age. I have some ideas on which bag I will be using it in. 

I had a good evening knitting. I got the gusset done on the 2nd sock which surprised me. 

I have 48 rounds on each foot before I do the toes. These socks have knit up faster than I thought they would. Daughter said her feet want them. They will get them for Christmas. 

Thoughts

    I hope to start cleaning the storage/maintenance room today. I want to bag up what goes to the thrift shop which I hope to take next week. I also want to sort through items and put some on the shelving unit. It is time to tackle this room and get it looking the way I want it to look. 

    I am slowly working through what I want to sew, knit, and clean. With little pain, I am doing more each day and feeling good physically and mentally about what I am accomplishing. 

Today

I have to change a light bulb in the kitchen which is annoying. I also have to do the balance sheet for the week. I will spend an hour working in the storage room bagging items to go to the thrift shop. I want to sew on the cover for a few hours. I need to make a small batch of spaghetti sauce for dinner and to freeze. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment