Monday, February 06, 2023

The Last Pieces Are On

 Though it was still cold and we had snow flurries, it was calm. That was lovely on its own. It did warm up to 4C at midnight. It is 1C this morning and it is suppose to get to 4C. We are to have sunshine and clouds today. 

Lifestyle

We officially broke the cold temperature for Friday which is really nothing to brag about. It is nice that the weather system was short lived and gone. We are now back to more normal temperatures. 

My first job of the morning was to do the balance sheet. It was so nice have everything ready to go and 30 minutes later I was done and everything was put away. 

I gathered towels from upstairs and threw them into the dryer. They were okay to do that as none were wet. Windows were fine. Downstairs, the towels were damp and the windows had mold on them. Those towels were washed and dried. The windows got cleaned with bleach and I will do them again a couple of weeks. Cleaning mold is a big job as you have to make sure it is all gone. I use several items that can be disposed of easily as I don't want it in the house. 

The county has been out salting the roads a lot the last couple of days. The radar shows both snow and a wet system coming in. Salting the roads early helps keep the snow from freezing on the roads. 

Sewing

I spent 2 hours in the sewing room cutting out the last 24 pieces and putting them onto the horse. I got it done without a major melt down or loosing any pieces. It is now ready to be pressed so nothing falls off. 

Next up is the background and border fabrics. The end is coming into sight. Once together, it will need to be quilted. There is a lot of it to do. I will do some each day but it isn't going to be the only project I will be working on at that stage. I have some quick projects I want to work on also. 

Knitting

I checked the sock pattern and no mistake. I didn't knit last night as I was out to son's birthday dinner. 

Thoughts    

    I am doing my exercises 2 -3 times a day and it has been helping my hip and knee a lot more than I thought it would. I will continue with those exercises plus 1 - 2 more to continue stretching and strengthening. I am walking better and hope to start walking outside soon. I still use the cane but most of the time I don't walk with it. I just carry it. 

    My eating started to go out of control once again and I am just not happy with it. I joined Weight Watchers yesterday and want to start loosing weight. I know it will help me health wise and it will also help my knee and hip. My job today is to cook chicken  breasts in the Instant Pot so I can freeze them for lunches. I am also going to try to do some meal planning.  I have some food to use up before I can start cooking again but I will make sure that I don't over indulge.

    I lived with the idea of having the charging station on the end table in the dining area. I hated it. It was clutter in my mind. I have moved the basket to the counter in hopes I will be happy with it there. I am realizing that I have to try and idea, live with it for 24 hours or more to see if I like it or not. 

    The heat pumps are back on and the house cooled off so I felt comfortable once again. I slept much better as the bedroom was cool. I don't like a warm bedroom.  

Today

I have physio this morning and I will be shopping later. I would like to press the horse's head and start cleaning up the cutting table so I can cut the background fabric and borders. Tonight I will knit on the socks. I may even go out to see my friend if I have time and energy. Physio really leaves me tired which is to be expected.  

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment