Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Doll Panty Success

 Yesterday was sunny and cool. The high got to -5.1. This morning it is, -16C. We are to have sunshine, clouds, and a high of -5C. We broke no cold temperatures yesterday or today, thank goodness. 

Lifestyle

I had a crazy day yesterday. I decided to play with Cricut Design Space and see if I could do a better job of getting patterns on it using Draw Pad on the Mac. Nope, nope, nope. I had lines show up that I didn't even know why they were there. I couldn't get rid of them. I was following along on this video

I noticed that the presenter was using a PC so downstairs I went to the sewing room to use the PC I have. I found Snip Tool (a cool tool) and Paint. Starting again, I had success in doing what I wanted to do on Cricut Design Space. It is very easy. You don't make svg files that you save on your computer, you do have success in making cut designs in the Cricut program. 

At noon, I rushed out to do some grocery shopping. I got what I thought I needed but missed a couple of things I do need. I'll get them today.

I spent quite a bit of time adjusting a recipe and making it for dinners. I even cooked rice that turned out perfect. I did portion control and have 4 yummy meals, one of which I ate last night. (Sweet and Sour Meatballs). 

Sewing

On Sunday I had ended the day altering the pattern so it was 1" longer in the body. It was a copy the pattern, cut, add, tape, and I had what I thought I needed. 

Not the most exciting pattern and I will trace the pieces onto the tracing pellon for future use. 

Yesterday, I did get some sewing done. I picked the elastic off the coral panties, cut them out and started sewing. I paid attention to how the children's panties were sewn in a factory. There is no bulk at the elastic as it is sewn on top of the fabric with the picot edge just off the edge of the legs and top. I slowly sewed the elastic on and I was excited at how nice they looked. After sewing the side seams and trimming them, I tried them on the doll. Perfect fit after altering the pattern. 

I was so excited I even sewed on the bow. The fits is great and I like how they come up to her waist. 


On the next pair (mint green) I will make the zig zag stitch a bit wider and longer. The new pattern is a keeper. 

Knitting

I did knit last night and got the hem pattern done. I just have 5 rows of plain knitting, cast off and the body is done. It is really cute and very hard to photo on needles. I'll do pictures tonight before I pick up the sleeve stitches. 

Thoughts

    I have been watching videos on quilt as you go and want to make a quilt for Elliott. I have decided to buy the two blocks I want to make and decide from there if I will buy more. I can work on these once or twice a week as there is no big rush while I learn. 

    I lost weight since yesterday. I think my body is ready to shed the weight I gained while taking care of the Spousal Unit. I am being quite strict with my eating as I am making sure I am doing portion control correctly. I may be shorting myself a bit also in the process. It is a learning curve. 

    I was a bit sore yesterday from sitting on a hard chair in the morning. I will get out a pillow for that chair when I work on it again. I did get the one sore spot gone by applying heat and then stretching. 

    I am done with the cold weather and snow. I will have to shovel as we are to have 3-4" fall by tomorrow night. It isn't unusual to have snow or cold at this time of the year but I'm just tired of it. 

Today

I have to take and pick up grandson from his physio and then head out to New Minas. I have an appointment at 10:15 am and then will be doing some shopping. I will probably have to buy something for lunch as I am assuming I will be home after lunch. I want to pick apart the next pair of panties so I can sew them on Wednesday and knit tonight. A busy day. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment