Friday, February 24, 2023

Two Projects Completed

 Yesterday was a cloudy day with a high of -6.5C. We had one short snow flurry in the afternoon and that was it. This morning it is -10C, snowing, and there is a bit of wind. It is suppose to snow and get to a high of -7C. And the wind is to blow in some cold weather for the next several days. 

Lifestyle

I struggled with pain yesterday but got the dusting done and the floors swept. I had to rest quite a bit but it got done. My hip was sore and my knee felt like the joint was in need of some WD40. I hobbled up and down the stairs and brought the green bin in after 5 pm. Pick up was late. I did notice a bit of improvement in my soreness. By bedtime, it was tolerable so I did some stretches to help ease the pain. 

Our friend was over last night to put another coat of mud on the patch in the sewing room. I got what he needed from the Spousal Unit's arsenal of mudding tools. After a sanding I can prime and paint the spot and it is done. 

I went and brought grandson home from school and enjoyed my trip. It was nice to be out for a short period of time. I do enjoy helping family out when they need it. 

Sewing

I spent the first little bit fiddling with the lining in the mixer cover. It fit to perfection so I finished hand sewing the binding on. I did tack the lining to the main piece so it won't fall down when removing or putting the cover on. 

The pictures are not the best as I put the cover on the machine. The wrinkles show but I'm living with it. 

There is some fabric left over that I hope to make into pot holders. I never seem to have clean ones to use. I will cut them out and put them aside to sew when I start on the placemats I am going to make next month. 

Knitting

The socks are done. While I rested last evening, I finished up sock #2. I am sad but happy at the same time that they are done. The pattern added the right amount of class to a pair of plain socks. 

If I can get more of the yarn, I will probably knit a hat to go with it. All left over yarn will be used up. 

I started a test pattern for a designer who lives in Halifax. I love testing her patterns and this one is no different. 

I got the first 14 rows done last night and am enjoying this pattern a lot. I am using Softee Baby yarn in Denim Marl. 

I am sure this will knit up quick as I'm enjoying the pattern a lot. 
Thoughts

    I am glad that my pain level is back to a 2 or 3. I feel like I can tackle things today with a better frame of mind. Some of the pain was tiredness from physio but most was from the storm coming in. 

    I have been watching Pattern Poole TV on YouTube. This person does quilt as you go projects and she has a simple quilt I'd like to make. I'm adding it to Ideas On The Table. I have 3 quilts to make this year and I may do one of them as a quilt as you go. 

    I have chosen the next sock pattern. It is called Library Sock which is a free pattern found on Ravelry. I will start them later in March as I want to do a few fun knitting things during March. 

Today

I may go out and do some shovelling today though the neighbour's boys are to come over and do it late this afternoon. I need to wash floors, clean the bathroom some, and fold laundry. I am hoping to sew this afternoon and will knit tonight. With it snowing, it is a stay at home day for me. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment