Thursday, February 16, 2023

Another Project Completed

Yesterday started off with lots of sunshine and then it clouded up. The high got to 5.3C but it felt cold due to a draft. This morning it is 6C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 12C today. Setting us up to have it cold with freezing rain tomorrow night. 

Lifestyle

I had the curtains open and the heat turned way down yesterday enjoying the heat from the sunshine. Even Elliott was enjoying it. 

I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen. I wanted to try Clean Freak as someone said it disinfects, cuts grease, and is great. I'm not sure about disinfecting surfaces but it really cuts through grease and grime. I thought my counters, walls under the cabinets and sinks were clean. Not the case with this stuff. I did spray the top of the stove and it came pretty clean but I wouldn't use it on stainless steel. It did streak it and I will have to polish it with stainless steel cleaner. 

When the kitchen was clean, I washed the floor with Bona cleaner I'm trying to use up. It did a good job but I'm not sure if I will get any more. I'm thinking about it and will decide over the next while. 

I was tired and a bit sore when I got done the kitchen. I did think about what cleaners I want to use when cleaning the house. I have one more to try but have to order it in. I will be doing that in the next month or so. 

Please note, I'm not promoting any one cleaner over the other. I'm doing this to see what cleaners I want to use and what ones I will use up and not buy again. This all started when I watched some cleaning/decluttering videos and noticing I'm not happy with some of my cleaners when cleaning up the house.

I noticed that Elliott watches some of the YouTube videos I am watching. He particularly likes the ones where there are lots of animals in them. His face is interesting to watch and this one gave me a good laugh. 

Sewing

I got the doll's dress finished. My stupid mistake was putting the snaps on the wrong side and having to redo them. I did take up the hem as I was not liking how long it was. 

It is a very simple dress but it fits to perfection. I put the sweater on after steaming it a bit and it is a nice combination. 


I have put the 8 adult bibs that need snaps on them onto the cutting table as they are next on the to-do list. They need to be used and not hanging in the closet. 

I figured out the pattern for the paw Christmas stockings. I taped it together and then laid out the fabrics I wanted to use. I think I have enough fabric for them which is a total of 3.5 meters. I do have to buy fusible fleece for this project. 

After setting the stocking fabrics to one side, I was surprised at how little Christmas fabric I have left. I am excited at how much I have used in the past three years. Next is to work on the rest of the cottons and watch them be created into projects. 

Knitting

I got the socks set up to start on the gussets. I had to stop as my hands were cramping. I noticed them starting to cramp when hand sewing on the doll's dress. 

The lace pattern will go down to the toe. It keeps the knitting interesting as it is not plain knitting. I have a lot of decreasing to do for the gussets but I have lots of time knitting at night. 

Thoughts

    I am having less pain since doing the stairs in the house. I am walking better and enjoying the little pain zone I am in. I will have to start my exercises again and continue doing a few things I have been doing to help me stand equally on both feet. The physiotherapist and I will be having a discussion next week when I go in for my next session. 

    The weather is crazy here. Spring today, freezing rain and -9C tomorrow night. Then warming up for more rain and cooling down for snow. I'm sure spring will be late this year but then it seems to be late every year. 

Today

I need to go and get the box to send daughter the items in her tub. I also need to get a few groceries. I may head to Sackville to do that. I want to get the snaps on the bibs and dig out the other items ready to go. I also need to launder the fabric for the next project. Tonight I will knit on the socks. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment