Monday, February 13, 2023

Piping Made

 Yesterday started out grey and dull and ended up sunny. The high got to 4.1C which was nice. This morning it is -5C and we are to have flurries this afternoon and snow tonight. The high is to get to 0C. 

Lifestyle

The weather was so grey and dull in the morning that I felt ready to hibernate. All I could think of was napping. I couldn't as my neighbour was over to put a patch on the wall in the sewing room. The hole had been made in the summer of 2021 when the outside tap had to be replaced. Another neighbour had left over wall board and donated it to the cause. That will be finished over the next week or so and then I can paint it. 

I did get the balance sheet done but I need to do some filing. I forgot to do that as my neighbour was coming over. 

I used the Instant Pot again to cook chicken for meals. I like how fast it is and how tender the chicken gets. This time I cut the meat in to chunks which I can shred if I want to. The next time I will make stew for dinner. 

Laundry was done and folded before lunch. I'm happy that I forced myself to fold it as I really wanted to nap. As the sun started to shine, I noticed I was feeling more alert and wanting to do something besides vegetate. 

Sewing

After lunch I headed down to the sewing room. It was time to make piping for daughter so I can mail her a box of items I've accumulated since before Christmas. The fabric was a deep green batik and I had fun sewing it. 

It is nicer in real life as the camera made the greens a bit too dark. In the end .25 meters of fabric made almost 3 meters of piping. 

Before I left the sewing room, I swept the floor. I need to take the hand vacuum down and vacuum up the pile. It felt good having the floor clean. 

I looked and moved the quilt batting around on the floor. I haven't chucked it yet as I need batting for daughter's cat and dog Christmas stockings. It may just serve the purpose for that project. If it does, then most of the batting will be used up and I can give a sigh of relief. 

Knitting

I knit on the socks last night and got the leg finished on the 2nd sock. I watched the video on the heel flap, mulled it around in my head a bit and proceeded to set up both socks. I then got 21 rows knit on the first sock. Half done. 

I love the padded heel inside and out. 

I have one more pair of socks to knit and then I am allowed to buy yarn to make one pair of socks at a time. I have two pairs to make from new yarn and I am looking forward to that. 

Thoughts

    I was over to have dinner with family last night. I figured out the points/portion size so I could have both a small salad and jambalaya. It was a delicious meal. This week has shown me that I can survive on portion control and not having snacks. I've realized that I eat brown/white meals when the weather is dull. I need to fix that. In the end, I lost 4.4 lbs which I'm excited about. 

    I am going to dig out some adult bibs I made 3 years ago and put the snaps on them. I will also dig out the 2 grocery bags I made out of the same fabric and donate the lot to a local nursing home. The placemats and napkins will go to the thrift shop if the nursing home doesn't want them. I will look at the fabrics that aren't inspiring me and see if there is enough to make walker bags for the nursing home. I'm ready to think about donating items using the fabric I have in the stash. 

Today

I need to go shopping and pick up groceries and prescriptions. I have to phone an accountant about the Spousal Unit's taxes. I'd like to go for a short drive to return an item I bought and get the right one. Sewing will be the snaps on the bibs and pressing fabric for a doll's dress. Knitting on the socks tonight. A somewhat busy day. 

Until the next time...................................................................    

No comments:

Post a Comment