Saturday, June 29, 2019

Well Aged Fabric Projects

Yesterday was one of those days where it started out dark and then brightened up. There was a lovely thunder storm with lots of lightening. This morning it looked like fog was rolling in and 45 minutes later the sun is shining. We will see rain today though. 

Lifestyle

I did housework yesterday morning with a side of laundry. Both levels are done and I was happy to see it done. 
Elliott has been all over the library books that the Spousal Unit brought home yesterday.
He stood up at the end table sniffing them several times. 
I got the big TV set up so we can watch YouTube videos on it from my iPad. It's great to see the details when watching the videos. 
Late in the afternoon, we went to a local horse shop and got most of the items to fill the boot bag. 
 I need to go back and get vet wrap and to the grocery store for a tub of candy. I've contacted the barrel racing association to donate it for a prize. 

Sewing

After cleaning up the sewing room, I hunted for a piece of fabric I wanted to attach to a painter's canvas. I found it and cut it out to the size I wanted, serged the edges and began stretching it onto the canvas. 
I am over the moon with how it looks. Perfect for winter when the cardinals can be seen here in Nova Scotia. 
I will be following this video to do the corners the next time. She does it really neatly. Mine are good, hers are great. 
I took the left over piece of fabric and made a table topper for the Spousal Unit's parents' gramophone. All of that cardinal fabric is used up. I sewed it like I did the napkins
I also got out the wall hanging and looked at it. I need to finish it up as I did the piecing 10 years ago. 
There is even the fabric for the binding. 
It is time to finish the three UFO's in the stash. There is a quilt to donate to a seniors home, an Advent calendar, and the above one. One every two months so I can have them done by the end of 2019. The latest - June 2020. 

Knitting

I set up another test pattern last night. This time it's a dress. If the designer keeps using the weight she has for the last several patterns, I will get a bag of yarn used up testing for her. I'm doing a dusty rose color this time. 
I have been knitting these outfits on straight needles which I don't like. I love knitting on circular needles. I have a tiny circular needle in the same size but the cable is almost too short. I bought one with a longer cable in ChiaGoo. I am totally in love with them. The needles are wooden but with a sharper point. The cables are thicker and do not curl up. The yarn does not catch where the needle and the cable meet. They are a dream to knit with. 

Today

Other than fold laundry, no plans have been discussed. It is the Canada Day long weekend and I'm not partial to driving with the traffic so heavy. A discussion a bit later on will put a plan in place for today. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment