Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Lupins Are In Bloom

Yesterday was another lovely sunny day. The high was 25C and it was 13C this morning. Heavy dew on everything which means another lovely day (no dew usually means rain here). 

Lifestyle

I finished the spare room yesterday and washed all the floors upstairs. To end the cleaning spree, I swept the stairs to the basement and cleaned the front entry. Now to keep it clean and tidy. 
I spent an hour outside helping the Spousal Unit clean the lawn mower. He did it twice while mowing the lawn, and was quite upset about it. I used the cleaning feature and it helped some. What worked was putting it into the stow a way position and taking the hose to it. I put the nozzle on and got it cleaned up. Our lawn is very thick, lush, and hard to mulch. Mowing can't be the width of the lawn mower (22") but 1/3 of that width. If not, it will continue to plug up. It takes longer but it is what it is. 
On a short drive to get supper, we saw the first lupins of the year. They are so beautiful.
Lupins grow huge here and there is purple, pink and white ones. They are not native to the east coast and are classified as an invasive plant. We will take them as they don't kill the grass as some invasive plants do.
On our trip into town we saw a lot of trees in bloom that didn't bloom or had few blooms on them last year. The frost at the beginning of June last year did a huge number on the buds. This year, the trees and bushes are loaded and lovely. 
Down the street from us is a power pole with a hanging bracket on it. Someone hangs a basket on it for everyone to enjoy. 
There are other brackets on poles in the Crossing but people don't use them. We will enjoy looking at this until it freezes. 

Health

My issues have all but disappeared with a bland diet. I will start again on my diet tomorrow if all goes well today. My aching knee was better yesterday but stiff this morning. I will get it loosened up with walking about. I'm not feeling as exhausted as I was. 

Sewing

I worked on the test pattern skirt yesterday and it was too small. I couldn't figure it out as the pattern looks the right size. I ran up to read the pattern and I had turned under a piece that shouldn't have been. I have to take off the waistband and the one piece and redo it. I will do them a bit bigger as I like to have some extra fabric on a wrap skirt. I want to be done today. 

Knitting

No knitting last night. I was tired and read a book instead. 

Today

I want to clean the bathroom and tidy up a bit. I need to do a load of laundry. Then it's downstairs to sew on the skirt. It is to be warm today so no outside work for me. I will try to do some tomorrow morning when it is cool. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment