Friday, June 21, 2019

Christmas Napkins Done

Yesterday was the first day we had a humidex reading. The humidity was high enough to make it feel 2-3C warmer than it was (24C). The clouds rolled in and it started to rain last night. We had a good 1/2" fall during the night. It is suppose to rain all day today.

Lifestyle

I headed out to get a few groceries yesterday. After I got home, we then headed out to the library and the doctor's office to see if my lab requisition was ready (it wasn't). We got home in the late morning. 
On our trip into town, I stopped and took pictures of this Golden Chain tree. It didn't bloom last year but it is gorgeous this year. 
I also took a picture of white rhododendrons.
And I think I saw a yellow flowered one also. 
In the afternoon, the Spousal Unit mowed the lawn and put the grass clipping into the potato plant box. The yard is in great shape and all that is left to do is weed the hedge. 
We picked the first rose from our roses bushes. This bush was planted about 3 weeks ago and is doing well. The other bushes are coming along also. 

Health

I've had two successful days of eating properly. I've tracked everything and have not snacked between meals. The aches and pains are diminishing and I've been walking around more both inside and out. I'm happy to be back on track. 

Sewing

I finished the last napkin yesterday. It was nice to get them done.
I used my tutorial and adjusted the size a bit so I could cut out two napkins from the width of the fabric. 
I cut out a sun hat for the dolls as I am wanting to make the plaid dress into an outfit. 
McCalls 6451
I took my time making sure the brim and the crown center fronts were on a red line of the plaid. I need to cut out the top again as I forgot to put the center of the circle on the red line. 
The under part of the brim matches the outer part as I did fussy cut the pieces.

Knitting

I've almost finished the first sleeve on the purple sweater. It has been a long haul and I'm setting it aside to knit another doll's sweater. I need a break from the pattern before I do the second sleeve. I have tracked everything in my book so I can do the sleeves the same. 

Today

Laundry is on the agenda for today and lots of sewing. I would love to put away fabric this morning while I do a couple of loads of laundry and sew this afternoon. 
As of 8:30 a.m., we have had over 3/4" of rain fall. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment