Monday, June 03, 2019

And It Rained........Again

When the weather forecast said "Rain, heavy at times" yesterday they meant it. It started out as a mist and then it got heavier and heavier. Total amount was 3/4". The high temperature was 14C but it stayed around 10-11C most of the day.

Lifestyle

 I only was outside to look at the garden twice yesterday. The morning was spent cleaning the dining area. I washed windows before it rained, washed the heat pump filters, wiped mouldings and furniture, cleaned knick knacks and silver, and scrubbed the floor. I went through drawers and the basket to get rid of old papers. The end result was the minimalism we love. Even the Spousal Unit commented on it. 
Where the blue ladder is leaning against the wall our china cabinet will go once the glass is replaced. 
It isn't true minimalism but it is certainly clutter free and lived in. 

Sewing

I finished the doll's dress yesterday. I hand sewed the bodice lining to the waist seam allowance, hemmed it, put on buttons and snaps and gave it a good press. 
I laid out the fabric for the napkins. I will measure it this morning to confirm if there is 3.4 meters. If so, that is only 12 napkins not the 14-16 I'd thought. But again, maybe it was only 12 I bought for.
I spent about 30 minutes putting away items in the sewing room. The books were put into the book case and the antique sewing items on top of the cube. 
All the items on the cube came from my grandmother's house here in Nova Scotia.

There is an electric ball winder to go on the bottom shelf and some knick knacks on the top shelf. I need to find them. 

Knitting

I'm on knit two rows undo two rows. I dropped a stitch and have to fix it up. The knitting needles are plastic and very slippery. I hate them and will be replacing them with expensive ones. When I fix the mistake, I will be ready to divide the fronts and back. 
The light yarn is all organized in its tub in the cube. Now to do another tub and organize it. It takes time but the results are finding yarn quickly. 

Today

I need to do some shopping and then I'm out for the afternoon. Tonight I want to knit on the jacket and make some progress. No cleaning today but that is okay. I can make my plan of attack for tomorrow. 
Until the next time....................

No comments:

Post a Comment