Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Kitchen Is Done

Yesterday started out sunny, became cloudy and it rained 1/2" last night. The high got to 23C and our low was a lovely 12C. Today is clear, sunny and windy. It is suppose to get to 24C today. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit was out in good time to weed eat the front of the yard and to finish mowing. It looks great out there. His other job was to cut the old moulding into smaller lengths, bundle and get them ready to take out to garbage tomorrow. 
I finished cleaning the kitchen yesterday and it is so nice to have that room done. It amazed me how much dust got inside the cupboards. I scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees. My other job was to fold laundry and put it away. 

Health

With the storm coming in, I had a day of suffering. My knee ached which in turn made my hip and ankle ache. It eased off during the night but will take a bit more time to be completely gone. 
I have been trying to figure out my gastro problem. I know what triggered it and now need to figure out how to calm my system down. I'm going to try something out diet wise. I also know that stress has kept it going also. And that stress is both self inflicted and being over my stress threshold. The combination has been doing me in. Upstairs is coming along nicely but the sewing room is another story. 

Sewing

I had an hour yesterday morning and I headed down to put some items away in the sewing room. The room has kept my nerves jangling (stress). I got the serger thread put away along with the other items I keep in that drawer. I hauled out the yarn tubs and started to work on the next size yarn. I got a bunch of it sorted out. Finally, I started to deal with a box and a bag of stuff that needed to be dealt with. Yikes!! I got the pattern drafting material into a shopping bag. I have a basket that I am putting doll patterns and other items into. That will be sorted out later. I need a desk for jewelry making, doll patterns, and pattern making. I did fairly well in the hour that I had. 
I'm also trying to figure out what I want for a desk. I can go with a desk I like or I can go with something I don't mind and add a filing cabinet and a set of drawers to it. It's called Ikea. 
In the afternoon, I worked on the napkins. I got two more done for a total of 8 napkins. Four left to make and that project is done. 
Next up is a test pattern and I need to find the fabric, change the thread on the serger and fly at it. I may have to buy buttons if I don't have black ones in the stash. If I do, I may buy lime green ones. 

Knitting

I knit 2 rows yesterday and gave up. I sat with heat on my knee when all the jobs were done and read a book. I hope to continue knitting today. 

Today

I am going to wipe down the hall into the bedrooms (short), pick up grandson from school mid morning, have lunch out, and try to sew two more napkins. We also need to get some groceries. If I can do it, I will search for the fabric for the test pattern. It's in one of the tubs but which one? Who knows. 
Until the next time.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment