Friday, June 07, 2019

Christmas in June -- Napkins Started

Yesterday the weather was wet. A perfect day to stay in the house and do other things. We got almost an inch of rain from 6 a.m. to about 4 p.m. when it quit and the fog rolled in. This morning, the fog has lifted and we wait for the sun. It is suppose to get to 23C with a humidex of 26C. 

Lifestyle

I have been cleaning up the kitchen as it is next on the list. The pantry was emptied and cleaned. Everything was put back in neatly. Next came the fridge and cupboard above. Both cleaned and the stainless steel polished. And finally the cupboard beside the fridge was cleaned and organized. It was good to get that side of the kitchen scrubbed down. Next is the back wall where the sink is. 

Health

I've eaten well the last two days. Refined sugar has been out of the pictures. I'm feeling better with what I've been eating.  

Sewing

I am now sewing Christmas napkins. I found the tutorial I did and it's been almost 2 years since I did it. 
I got out the 3.5 meters of Christmas fabric and have enough for 12 napkins. The large strips are ripped and two napkins are made and 2 are ready for the next sewing day. The remaining strips will be prepped as I go along. 
The light grey thread matches perfectly. I spend a lot of time at the ironing board pinning and pressing. It is worth all the effort as these have turned out so nice. 

Knitting

I finished the back of the sweater. I've lost a couple of stitches once and had to unknit to get them in their correct places. 

I did find another error in the pattern and reported it to the designer. I feel I have another week of knitting on this pattern. 
I also have another pattern to test knit. I'm hoping it is easy as the designer wants it done in a week. I'm not sure that will happen. Some people are still finishing up her last pattern. 

Today

I have two choices -- go shopping or stay at home and do housework. At this time, I am still deciding. 
Until the next time.................

No comments:

Post a Comment