Monday, June 10, 2019

An Afternoon Drive to Chester

We are having a lovely stretch of spring/summer weather. The sun has been shining and it's been quite warm. Highs are low to mid 20C. We have had to run the a/c in the afternoons. 

Lifestyle

Saturday was taken up with shopping and put away the groceries. Yesterday morning, I swept and washed the floors. It is nice to have them clean and shining. I also did the stairs and front entry. 
In the afternoon, we headed out to get rose bushes. We bought one hybrid tea (red) and one floribunda (white). We dropped them off at the house, watered them, and went for a drive. 
Our drive took us to Chester. There is a huge greenhouse complex there. We did get to park in the parking lot but there was a lot of vehicles parked on the side of the road. We wandered about and I snapped a few pictures. 
The greenhouse full of annual flowers was huge. I stood at the door and took this picture. 
Outside the perennials are well marked with banners. The walkways are marked and you meander around. 
These plants were very healthy and robust. We entered the vegetable greenhouse and everything was in need of planting into the garden. Big and root bound. 
On the way back to the main building we saw some rock art. The cat was my favorite but there were other animals also.
We bought a couple of items and left. 
 The Spousal Unit loved this coffee mug and I bought it for him. The cat is pewter and a ring holder. I bought it for myself to sit on the kitchen window. 
We got home around 4 p.m. It was a nice trip but we have lovely greenhouses locally we will support. 

Sewing

Nothing done today in the sewing room. 

Knitting

I'm trying to get gauge on the test sweater. I'm up a needle size and will knit several more rows before I make a decision. It is more the yarn than the pattern. I find the Downton Abbey yarn hard to get the correct gauge. 

Today

The goal is to continue cleaning in the kitchen. I'd like to get half of what is left done. We will see how it goes. The afternoon will be for sewing. 
Until the next time......................

No comments:

Post a Comment