Saturday, June 08, 2019

Enjoying The Lovely Weather

Yesterday was a gorgeous day. Sunshine and a high of 25C in our area. We had a small shower around 5 p.m. This morning was foggy but it is now cleared off and the sun is shining. 

Lifestyle

I chose to stay home yesterday and clean more of the kitchen. I did well until under the sink. The garbage can that is hanging in there fell off leaving me with a great big mess to deal with. I got done what I had planned by lunch time and was happy at how shiny things looked, including the sink. I've noticed that I'm getting nearer to my stress threshold and will be happy when I'm on the calm side of it. 
The Spousal Unit has been busy planting the rest of the plants and cleaning the garage. He mowed the lawn yesterday afternoon. Son came over last evening and he helped install new down spouts on hinges that run 4-5 feet away from the house. 

Health

I've had a lot of pain on my right side since sometime in March. It had started to irritate me as I wasn't sleeping well, in pain all the time, and feeling totally miserable. I couldn't figure out if it was my hip, knee, or ankle. Or was it my back. I started to think it was knee or hip and was ready to see the doctor. Yesterday, the pain virtually disappeared and I was left with two large fluid pockets on my right knee. Once again, it is the culprit and I have been putting stuff on it three or four times a day. 
With all the pain, I've put my weight loss on hold and hope to start up again today or tomorrow. I couldn't deal with it as the pain rating went up and up on a daily basis and I was struggling at getting around.

Sewing

I sewed two more napkins yesterday. They are relaxing to do even if measuring is precise. I am enjoying the process. I have #5 and 6 ready to sew tomorrow but need to get the remaining 6 cut out and ready to go
When the napkins are done, I am going to sew a swing coat and hat for the grey plaid outfit. I have to buy the pattern as I want one with raglan sleeves but I have the hat pattern on hand. I still need to knit the Bella Bolero for it. 

Knitting

I knit on the right front of the sweater last night and almost finished it. I kept falling asleep so I set it aside. I need to have a sunny afternoon to cast on the sweater sleeves. 
I now have the pattern for the next test and will start it as soon as I've finished the front of the other sweater. I can knit two at a time at this point. The new sweater closes to the side and has a cute pattern on one front only. It is knit from the neck down so will be an easy knit for me. 

Today

I'm off to the city with daughter-in-law. We are doing our big shopping and will probably be home either before or after lunch. With putting groceries away and portioning meat, I'm sure I will be busy most of the afternoon. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment