Wednesday, June 26, 2019

A Finish Projects Kind of Day

Yesterday was another lovely day with a high of about 24C. It did cloud over late in the afternoon so we opened the windows and enjoyed the fresh air. Today is cloudy with a chance of showers.

Lifestyle

I was outside a bit yesterday enjoying the sunshine and watched the Spousal Unit mow the lawn. He has the yard in terrific shape right now and I'm being lazy about weeding the hedge. In actual fact, I'm leery about that hedge. I got a prickle in my finger from it and I finally got it out yesterday after it got infected. 
I didn't do much in the line of housework yesterday and set my heart on finishing two projects. 

Sewing

I finished the reusable grocery bag yesterday and love it. 
Daughter calls it a boot bag as barrel racers can put their horses' wraps and boots into it. Or they can use it for groceries, or what ever. I plan on filling it and donating as a prize to a local barrel racing. 
My next bag will be of this fabric. 
It goes with me so I can find a stripe fabric to go with it. It is going to be fancier on the front. Stay tune as I design away in July. 

Knitting

I started off the morning by knitting the collar on the Hudson Bay Coat (known at the Swinging Canuck Coat) and part of the afternoon weaving in all the ends and sewing up the hems. 
I learned a few things while making this coat. Weaving in the ends takes a long time and I should learn how to weave them in as I go. The second thing I learned how to do was sewing up the hem. I need to make sure that no stitches show on the front and check every couple of stitches. 
 I need to knit this one again and make an outfit to go with it. 
I am almost finished the first sleeve on the purple sweater. Decrease row and 8 rows of ribbing. I'll keep plugging away at it as I have to knit a couple of other items and set up the July Join Along. 

Today

We get hair cuts this morning and the Spousal Unit is going into Halifax to watch a soccer game with Son and Grandson. I may head out to get fabric for the next bag. I'm going to have a lazy evening on my own. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment