Thursday, June 27, 2019

Another Bag Planned

Yesterday was a cloudy and warm day with a high of 22C. We did have a shower or two but nothing of any importance. Today is another cloudy day and it is 14C at 6:30 a.m. We could have showers again.

Lifestyle

Yesterday was hair cut day and we did a bit of shopping afterwards. We went to an area where we had thought to live and are so glad we didn't. The houses are duplexes and very close together. 
The Spousal Unit went to the city with Son and grandson in the afternoon to watch the soccer game. The home team won and he seemed to enjoy himself. 
I enjoyed myself at home and finished reading a book over the course of the afternoon and evening (between knitting and napping). This book was based on a true story and was a very interesting story about Budapest during WWII. It shows how life worked behind the Iron Curtain. 

Sewing

I headed out to Avonport after lunch to get some fabric to make a couple of boot bags. I had the lining and one piece in the stash. 
They were busy in the shop and I had to wait for a table to lay my fabrics out on. I gathered bolts that I thought would work. After a bit of time and texting Daughter, I came up with this combination. 
I got 6 compliments on this combination while I was playing. It was the winner. I did talk to a lady who kept telling me to make and sell cloth grocery bags. She loved my design and how unique they were. 

Knitting

I knit on the Bella Bolero yesterday afternoon and evening (between a good nap). I have it about 2/3rds done. It went faster than I thought it would. 
I have also signed up to test a doll's dress pattern. It will be a busy July for me with testing and a Join Along. 

Today

I will do some laundry which will include washing July's fabric. I would love to do a bit of cleaning in the sewing room and knit. We are both tired today due to a late night. Might just have to have a nap. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment