Saturday, June 22, 2019

And It Rained

Yesterday was one wet day. We had 3.25" of rain fall with 1" falling in 40 minutes. This morning it is windy but no rain. I'm sure we will see a few showers before it clears off. 

Lifestyle

We both watched the rain fall yesterday. The ditch was running. Our neighbor's shed flooded twice during the afternoon.
Our basement stayed dry. 

Health

I've been watching what I've been eating and trying to stay within points. It feels great to be back on the wagon of healthy eating. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room early and put away a lot of the fabrics in tubs. I have some items to look after and then I can start looking for a desk. I'm thinking Ikea. 
In the late morning and all afternoon, I sewed on the doll's sun hat. I finished it in the late afternoon. 
I wanted a ribbon on the back of the hat and after some deep thinking figured it out. 
This outfit is coming together nicely. 
The hat pattern is McCalls 6451 View C. I have my own take on finishing it so no seams show. 
A lady I know when living in northern BC loves to quilt and she has been making runners to go on a cabinet in her home. Her latest make has me wanting to quilt some. 
Has me thinking about what I could do in our house. 

Knitting

I bit the bullet and got started on the Hudson Bay blanket sweater. It is an easy knit. I got the first 17 rows done and am ready to divide the sleeves from the body. I'm sure I will be done it in 3 or 4 more settings. Then it will be back to the purple sweater.
I have been asked to set up a Join Along for July. I'm working the details out now and am looking forward to hosting it. I won't do a prize but may surprise everyone at the end with one ( a gift of a pattern of their choice). 

Today

I'm not sure what I am doing at the moment. I can go to the city to shop or shop locally. With the weather changing for the better, I will have to decide. If I shop locally, I will sew today as I need to make a shopping bag to get my totals up to 5+ meters this month. If I go to the city, I will look for a few items I need for cobbling doll shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment