Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Using Up 10 Year Old Fabric

Yesterday was cooler but sunny. It was nice to have one day like that. Today is warmer and will be sunny. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, I hustled around and got the house work done in a hurry. We headed out to find ties for the tomato plants. We found some items that will work at a green house. Came home and Son found some on the internet and ordered them for us. On the up side, we got out and did something. We will return the items and find something else to buy there. 

Health

My weight hasn't moved for 2 days but that is okay. It has come down over the week though. I do have to watch some foods when eating - spices in particular as they will upset my system a bit. I'm slowly getting back to eating all foods. 

Sewing

I sat at the sewing machine and finished quilting (called cross hatch) of the cotton to the batting. It was tedious but not exhausting. 
This is being called a boot bag and I'm filling it with goodies for both a rider and horse and donating it to the barrel racers for a prize. I will have the bag finished in 3-4 hours and will start buying to put into it. I have enough fabric left to make 3 more bags and will do it over a period of time and hang them in the closet ready to donate as needed. The boot fabric has been in the stash for 10 years and has been moved 3 times. 
Next up is a shirt for the Spousal Unit. I have to launder the fabric first and have it ready to start on July 1. I am going to work a doll outfit or two out of the scraps. 

Knitting

I worked on the Hudson Bay blanket sweater and have started the collar now. 
Only 14 rows to go and then I weave the ends in and hem the bottom, sleeves, and collar. I really like this pattern and will make it again. Once done, I will go back to the purple sweater and then start a red bolero for the plaid dress and hat. 

Today

After doing housework, I want to sew the bag and knit on the doll's sweater. I also need to get the next Join Along ready to post on June 29. Need to go over the wording to make sure it is what I want and is correct. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment