Tuesday, June 11, 2019

A Busy Day on Our Street

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day with a high of 24C. There was some wind which helped make it feel a bit cooler. This morning is 9C and there will be rain this afternoon and evening according to the weather forecast. 

Lifestyle

I continued cleaning the kitchen yesterday. The cupboards got a good wiping with some being degreased. Nothing was tossed as we use everything. The stainless steel was polished. The oven needs to be run on clean but that won't happen at this time. 
The Spousal Unit mowed the lawn and was done by the time the lawn company came to put lime on. The soil here is acidic and lime neutralizes it. 
The biggest item of the day was paving our road. It is a dead end road which needed the end fixed for turning around. Yesterday all the equipment arrived. It was quite the show having all the big equipment on a short street.
 The grey house (gable end seen) is the last house on the street. Taken from the front of our house. 
Everything was backed down our street. 
Work was done by 7 p.m. and we have a shiny new street that wasn't in bad condition before. The end of the street needed paving where the work was done so they did the whole road. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room. I did a bit of sorting and put away a few items. I am moving slowly as I have to sort and decide on what I am doing with my stuff.
I got all the napkins cut out and 2 more sewn. It takes about an hour a napkin but worth it as they look great. 
I found a new grocery bag pattern and am going to get it. I like the fact that it can be folded up and it has straps to help it stand up at the check out. 

Knitting

The purple sweater has the first sleeve stitches picked up. I can start knitting on it. I had to wait for good light to do it. The little spaces are tiny and somewhat hard to find. 
The other sweater has been knit to row 21. Only one small issue and that was easy to fix. It is a cute pattern and an easy knit. 

Today

I will finish up the kitchen today and fold laundry. The bit of extra time will be spent in the sewing room tidying up and sewing. Not as hard a cleaning day today. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment